X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mathias broucek
    • Nov 2010

Classical Video Rarities

Has anyone purchased anything from here? Some mouthwatering material....

• amateur51

Originally posted by mathias broucek View Post
    Has anyone purchased anything from here? Some mouthwatering material....

http://www.classicalvideorarities.com/store/index.php
    I have mathias. He has occasional sales that are worth waiting for. The quality of the originals is not always top flight (vids taken from TV, radio recordings) but I've never felt ripped off
    Last edited by Guest; 25-11-11, 13:45. Reason: trypos natch

Comment

• mathias broucek
      • Nov 2010

Thanks Amateur. May partake once pile of unheard CDs diminished or when he has a sale

Comment

• makropulos
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
        I have mathias. He has occasional sales that are worth waiting for. The quality of the originals is not always top flight (vids taken from TV, radio recordings) but I've never felt ripped off
        Seconded - and when I did have a faulty disc he gave me an immediate refund without question. Very easy to do business with, and he has some unusual material.

Comment

• gradus
          • Nov 2010

Some very attractive DVDs listed incl the 1968 Horowitz Carnegie Hall recital from which I've only seen the excerpts posted on YouTube. Quite tempted to buy as the pianism is exceptional but the YouTube quality is execrable and I wonder if the DVD is any better?

Comment

• makropulos
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gradus View Post
            Some very attractive DVDs listed incl the 1968 Horowitz Carnegie Hall recital from which I've only seen the excerpts posted on YouTube. Quite tempted to buy as the pianism is exceptional but the YouTube quality is execrable and I wonder if the DVD is any better?
            I haven't seen that one, Gradus - but it might not be. One of the things not necessarily to expect from Classical Video Rarities is good quality images, since most of what's on offer is dubbed from videotape (as amateur51 already mentioned). Still, it's a good way of getting hold of some very rare things.

Comment

Working...
            X