• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Stunsworth View Post
    The despatch email is only sent when the seller tells the Amazon system that the order has been dispatched. There's nothing to stop the seller posting the item and only updating the Amazon side of things a couple of days later.
    Even so, not bad service, Tues evening ordered, arrives Thursday morning. Short of them delivering it themselves by car yesterday I'd probably say it was worth five stars for promptness.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Petrushka
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
      Even so, not bad service, Tues evening ordered, arrives Thursday morning. Short of them delivering it themselves by car yesterday I'd probably say it was worth five stars for promptness.
      I can top that. I ordered from an Amazon seller (not a CD though) on a Sunday evening and I was staggered to get the goods on Tuesday morning.

Incidentally, the CD that prompted this thread never has turned up. Has anyone else had a bad experience with dodax uk?
      "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• barber olly

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
        I can top that. I ordered from an Amazon seller (not a CD though) on a Sunday evening and I was staggered to get the goods on Tuesday morning.

Incidentally, the CD that prompted this thread never has turned up. Has anyone else had a bad experience with dodax uk?
        I think my most remarkable service was an order to a marketplace seller on Orkney, received by 2nd class post in West Cornwall in under 24 hours.

Comment

• Don Petter

I am in the middle of a spat with them at the moment. I ordered a Schnabel box from them on eBay on 26th November and they sent me a CD of 'Rock 'n' Roll Classics'. When told, they said they had no more Schnabels in stock, so would I agree to cancel the transaction. When I went to eBay to do so I found that eBay advised not to cancel until I had a refund, and worse, dodax-uk had said the cancellation was because I had 'ordered the wrong item by mistake or changed my mind after ordering'.

dodax-uk asked me to return the wrong item, which I did (cheapest post, to Germany, £3.70) on 11th December. I have now at last received the purchase price refund, but have still not received the £3.70, which they claim to have paid on 19th December.

An eBay complaint is imminent. I'm not that worried about £3.70, but the whole experience has p****d me off somewhat.

Comment

• vinteuil
            • Nov 2010

Has anyone else had a bad experience with dodax uk?
            ... I see that I have purchased seventeen items from dodax in the last four years - no problems at all. And some at remarkably good prices

Comment

• Don Petter

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
              ... I see that I have purchased seventeen items from dodax in the last four years - no problems at all. And some at remarkably good prices
              I quite believe you. Perhaps when all goes normally and smoothly, there is no problem.

The true test may be how they handle things when something abnormal happens?

Comment

• Petrushka
                • Nov 2010

Anyone else got a problem with Elite Digital UK? I ordered a CD that was despatched on March 23 but still hasn't arrived. They claim:

Your item was shipped over 2 weeks ago from our warehouse. Currently there is a large group of items which have not arrived to their destinations, which were shipped out the exact same day as yours. It appears they may be lost in transit.

To resolve this, we will ship you a replacement copy - this will be sent at no cost to you. If you happen to receive 2 duplicate orders, please let us know by email.

Very sorry for any inconvenience and thank you very much for your patience.

Although they say they are UK based I think that they dispatch items from New York. A previous order with them took an age to arrive and was poorly packaged.

Anyone else experienced them?

Comment

• french frank
                  Administrator/Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

Anyone else experienced them?
                  Very strange - I came across this review from 2009 on the Amazon site:

"I ORDERED A CD FROM ELITE DIGITAL UK AT THE END OF MAY,THEY CONTACTED ME JUST BEFORE THE DELIVERY DEADLINE AND ASKED IF I HAD RECIEVED MY ORDER AS A NUMBER OF ITEMS THEY HAD DISPATCHED HAD GOT LOST IN TRANNSIT.WHEN I TOLD THEM I HAD NOT RECIEVED MINE THEY COULD NOT APOLOGISE ENOUGH AND SENT ME OUT ANOTHER STRAIGHT AWAY.VERY EFFICENT COMPANY WITH FRIENDLY CUSTOMER SERVICE,WHICH IS NICE TO COME ACROSS THESE DAYS. "
                  It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Bryn
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2007

My guess is that they, and other USA based vendors, send bulk combinations of orders to a UK address for Royal Mail onward carriage. If a whole transatlantic shipment goes astra, that's when such pro format notifications get dispatched.

Comment

• Petrushka
                      • Nov 2010

I'm somewhat more cynical, Bryn. I don't believe they had the CD in stock and have had to source it from elsewhere. A standard fob off message is sent the day before the already long delivery time is up saying 'lost I transit' etc so that you don't give them negative feedback.

I'll be very careful about using Elite Digital UK again.

Comment

• akiralx
                        • Oct 2011

Rather off topic but I once bought some car wiper blades on eBay and they were posted through my letter box about 20 mins later - beat that!

Comment

• mathias broucek
                          • Nov 2010

I did some Amazon selling a couple of years ago and did deliver one item by hand!

Comment

• Petrushka
                            • Nov 2010

Ordered a CD from a seller at 15.04 this afternoon. The e-mail saying the order has been dispatched is timed at 15.40!

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                              Ex-member
                              • Sep 2013

Ordered a CD from a seller at 15.04 this afternoon. The e-mail saying the order has been dispatched is timed at 15.40!
                              Let us know when it arrives.

Comment

• Petrushka
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
                                Let us know when it arrives.
                                Waiting for someone to say that!

Comment

Working...
                                X