Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amcluesent
    • Sep 2011

Amazon are even tougher on their sellers than Ebay\Paypal! They really don't give sellers any leeway if the customer complains. Luckily Amazon buyers aren't so daft as those on t'Bay (I sell on both).

Comment

• mathias broucek
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Chris Newman View Post
      You know your problem, Mathias? You spend too much time staggering around Hradčany after nights over a barrel in the Vikárka.
      LOL. Am considering using the experience gained from my past exploits to set up a Lunar CD shop. I wonder if this will offer VAT advantages now the Channel Islands loophole is closing...

Comment

• Petrushka
        • Nov 2010

UPDATE: The marketplace seller (I really should name and shame!) e-mailed me back on Nov 9 to say that the CD must have got 'lost in the post' and would be sending another one 'please give it a few days'. Another e-mail today (Nov 18) to say they cannot supply. Very poor service and I will not be using them again. Left a feedback stinker on Amazon as well.

Now ordered the CD from MDT as Amazon have it as download only as rather too much is nowadays. Are they trying to force the market?
        "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• PaulT
          • Nov 2010

I think it would be good if you named them so others can avoid having their time wasted.

Comment

• Stunsworth
            • Nov 2010

As someone who has sold on Amazon there are two sides to this coin. I once sold a CD that the buyer returned as scratched and unplayable. Looking at the CD when it was returned there was a deep scratch across the CD that had been made with a screwdriver, or something similar. Since I had bought the CD new, and examined the surface before it was despatched, I was certain that the damage had been caused by the buyer. However under the Amazon terms and conditions I had to issue a full refund. I'm certain to this day that it was the buyer's way of 'ripping' a CD for free.

As for the eBay buyer who refused to pay for an item he won because it was too expensive, well, words failed me at the time and still do.
            Steve

Comment

• Mahlerei

Haven't read this thread in detail but wanted to warn potential buyers about Marketplace sellers who say they're based in the UK. One such posted a CD to me on the 25th November and if indeed they were UK-based it would have arrived by now. An e-mail elicited a pro forma reply saying that as the item was being dispatched from the US it could take up to four weeks. If I'd know that I wouldn't have ordered from them. Cheeky.

Comment

• barber olly

Originally posted by Mahlerei View Post
                Haven't read this thread in detail but wanted to warn potential buyers about Marketplace sellers who say they're based in the UK. One such posted a CD to me on the 25th November and if indeed they were UK-based it would have arrived by now. An e-mail elicited a pro forma reply saying that as the item was being dispatched from the US it could take up to four weeks. If I'd know that I wouldn't have ordered from them. Cheeky.
                I hope for your sake it was not an expensive item that HMRC take an interest in!

Comment

• Mahlerei

barber olly

No, it's just a single CD. Supposed to be a Christmas present. Aargh.

Comment

• Bryn
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2007

Mahlerei, if they falsely claimed in their listing on the Amazon site that the item would be dispatched from the UK, I think Amazon would offer an immediate online voucher for the full cost if you used their guarantee system.

Comment

• Suffolkcoastal
                      • Nov 2010

I made my first(!) purchase on ebay two weeks ago, after finding to my total shock that a book I'd been searching for, for over 20 years! The book was in the US, I got an acknowledgement email and the book was despatched on the Friday and I received it on the Tuesday as described. I admit to being most impressed at the response and speed with which it arrived. I believe the shop is also an Amazon marketplace dealer, so this proves how quickly things can arrive.

Comment

• Chris Newman
                        Late Member
                        • Nov 2010

I have noticed a few purchases that have come from the USA (and HMV ones from Guernsey) despite my being originally under the impression that they were coming from the UK. However, several of the USA dealers write £15 as the value irrespective of what you really paid. I guess that HMRC must bite their lips.

Comment

• Bryn
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2007

At 11.03 this morning I received an email from amazon.co.uk advising that my marketplace order for a used (very good) copy of Joanna MacGregor's Collins CDs of Messiaen's Vingt Regards had been dispatched by the seller. At 13.03 it was delivered by the Errol, our fine postman. How's that for service?

Comment

• Panjandrum

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                            At 11.03 this morning I received an email from amazon.co.uk advising that my marketplace order for a used (very good) copy of Joanna MacGregor's Collins CDs of Messiaen's Vingt Regards had been dispatched by the seller. At 13.03 it was delivered by the Errol, our fine postman. How's that for service?
                            Ah, but when did you place the order?

Comment

• Bryn
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Panjandrum View Post
                              Ah, but when did you place the order?
                              Oh that was way back. Tuesday evening, actually, in response to the recording being mentioned on these very boards:

I did not want the other recordings in the 4 disc set, so at less than half the lowest price I could find for that, this double album suited me fine.

Comment

• Stunsworth
                                • Nov 2010

The despatch email is only sent when the seller tells the Amazon system that the order has been dispatched. There's nothing to stop the seller posting the item and only updating the Amazon side of things a couple of days later.
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X