X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mathias broucek
    • Nov 2010

Berlin CD shops

Going there later this month. Any good recorded music shops that people can recommend?
  • kuligin
    • Nov 2010

It’s a few years ago, but the basement of Dussmanns in Friedrichstraße was devoted to classical CDs, managed to buy Rillings version of Christus half price as I recall

Comment

• bluestateprommer
      • Nov 2010

This page might be of interest, c/o the city of Berlin:

Verzeichnis für CDs und Schallplatten: 36 Ergebnisse im BerlinFinder – Adressen, Kontakt, Öffnungszeiten, Anfahrt und mehr.

Comment

• schneiderhan
        • Aug 2022

Dussmann is lovely although as expected the classical cd area is smaller than it once was. My recommendation would be Fidelio in Akazienstrasse, still going after many many years, a small-ish shop with a loyal clientele and a good vinyl selection in a nice part of the city. And there are vinyl and cd sellers amongst the many fleamarkets (e.g. str. des 17.Juni/ Bode-Museum/ Boxhagener Platz and Mauerpark to name a few) which might be worthwhile.

Comment

• RichardB
          Banned
          • Nov 2021

Originally posted by schneiderhan View Post
          My recommendation would be Fidelio in Akazienstrasse
          Mine too, for classical recordings anyway. Dussmann used to be an Aladdin's cave but those days are long gone unfortunately. For more adventurous/experimental repertoire there's Gelbe Musik, Schaperstr 11.

Comment

• mathias broucek
            • Nov 2010

Thanks all.

Dussmann is excellent if lacking character. A lot of smaller shops seem to have closed or were closed for holidays. Found some reasonable stuff in the flea markets

Musical highlight of the trip was Metropolis (original Huppertz score) with live orchestra at the 1928 Babylon cinema.

Comment

Working...
            X