Curious automated misidentifications of CD tracks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Curious automated misidentifications of CD tracks.

One of several CDs I purchased at the concert at Iklectik last Friday was AMM's "Industria", (recorded live in concert in Portugal, 2015). It has 6 nameless tracks. However, when I popped it in my Panasonic hard disc/Blu-ray recorder to listen to it, those tracks gained the titles:

01 Live In Japan Vol 2 [Disc 2]
    02 5 Hindrances Aversion
    03 Reiki Mahamantra
    04 Armed and Dedicated
    05 This is... Hip Hop (Bonus Megamix)
    06 Not applicable
    Even more curious, when it started to play, it turned out to have but a single continuous track. This was now similarly misidentified as "Crescent", amd attributed to John Coltrane, no less. "Live In Japan Vol 2 [Disc 2]" had now become the CD title.

Improvising piano and drums duo is not so much keen to avoid conclusions as it is accomplished in the art of knowingly avoiding them

More such nonsense, please.
    Last edited by Bryn; 05-07-21, 20:25.
  • Eine Alpensinfonie
    Host
    • Nov 2010

I bought a Naxos CD set with an abridged reading of Jane Eyre. It sounded fine for around 45 minutes, then in the middle of a conversation with Mr Rochester, the reading ceased and a very poor quality "jam session" saw out the rest of the disc. I returned the discs to the retailer, who was equally astonished.
    Two days later, the replacement arrived: no jam session - just Jane Eyre. Very strange indeed.

Comment

Working...
    X