• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CGR
    • Aug 2016

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
    Completely stopped listening to it.
    Me too. It used to be central to my Saturday mornings when the wife went out shopping. Not any longer.

Comment

• Master Jacques
      • Feb 2012

Let's hope the lickspittles who are currently responsible for R3 programming read these comments, although whether losing (formerly loyal) listeners is more important to them than selling the (false) perception that they are "modernising" the show, I very much doubt.

To get the leading authority on Martinu onto Record Review, and then force him into one of those genteel, populist "five best" exercises (in the style of BBC Music Magazine) was a total waste of a great resource and an insult to the listeners.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
        Banned
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Master Jacques View Post
        Let's hope the lickspittles who are currently responsible for R3 programming read these comments, although whether losing (formerly loyal) listeners is more important to them than selling the (false) perception that they are "modernising" the show, I very much doubt.

To get the leading authority on Martinu onto Record Review, and then force him into one of those genteel, populist "five best" exercises (in the style of BBC Music Magazine) was a total waste of a great resource and an insult to the listeners.
        Yeah of course, but lists are fun too....come on MJ, give us your High Five... (or one of your many fives...)...

Comment

• Master Jacques
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
          Yeah of course, but lists are fun too....come on MJ, give us your High Five... (or one of your many fives...)...
          Thank you for the invitation - but it would be meaningless, Jayne, for the reason you outline: I would have to change it every day!

The older I get, the more I dislike lists and league tables. In Art Music, I can see a time where people are only encouraged to listen to the "Top Five" composers. In my own work I've practically given up making comparative judgements, too, because I consider them a lazy way of ranking singers (or composers, or whoever). What's unfailingly interesting is what artists do differently - as many interesting threads on this Forum demonstrate nicely!

Comment

• visualnickmos
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Master Jacques View Post
            What's unfailingly interesting is what artists do differently - as many interesting threads on this Forum demonstrate nicely!
            Absolutely. Hence my having multiple versions of many works - as many forumists do, of course.

Comment

• Master Jacques
              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by visualnickmos View Post
              Absolutely. Hence my having multiple versions of many works - as many forumists do, of course.
              And alas, why certain forumists (I speak for myself) are in some danger of being buried alive - in my case by a likely avalanche of Smetana, as I try to make my way up the stairs!

Comment

Working...
              X