New release of the Day - Dutilleux and Luto too...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BBMmk2
    Late Member
    • Nov 2010

I’ll be looking forward to playing this today. I think it will sit nicely alongside Kyrstian Zimerman’s recording of the Piano Concerto by Lutoslawski, c/w his Symphony No.2, also Henri Duttileaux’s Symphony No.2. A fine listening session here I think.
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• BBMmk2
      Late Member
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
      I’ll be looking forward to playing this today. I think it will sit nicely alongside Kyrstian Zimerman’s recording of the Piano Concerto by Lutoslawski, c/w his Symphony No.2, also Henri Duttileaux’s Symphony No.2. A fine listening session here I think.
      Played this recording yesterday I was completely bowled over by everything that this had to offer. The playing by soloist, orchestra and how the conductor interpreted the music. A classic.
      Don’t cry for me
      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• HighlandDougie
        • Nov 2010

Months later than everyone else, finally got round to listening to this (24/96) download. Completely agree with all the plaudits - the Dutilleux, in particular, captures all the subtleties and playfulness of this sometimes elusive work rather better than most (any?) other performance(s) I've heard. Great recording, too.

Comment

Working...
        X