Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FrankieP23

oops...

I've just read my last post in context and realised it doesn't make much sense... Sorry- I thought for some reason that we were still discussing Gielens M5, as I hadn't noticed all the posts! I'm new to this, sorry!

Comment

• Roehre

Originally posted by FrankieP23 View Post
      I've just read my last post in context and realised it doesn't make much sense... Sorry- I thought for some reason that we were still discussing Gielens M5, as I hadn't noticed all the posts! I'm new to this, sorry!
      Welcome to these boards, Frankie

These things happen, and please don't worry about this, that's how threads develop.

Re Barshai: that Brilliant 2CD set with 5 and 10 is a bargain indeed.
      Barshai's 10 IMO leans to much on "early/middle" Mahler (the 5th e.g.) in stead of taking 9 and LvdE into account (too many doublings of the winds, e.g.).
      Nevertheless it is an achievement, and it sounds really like Mahler (though not the "late" one).
      That the work was recorded immediately after 9/11 is an incredible coincidence too.

Comment

• perfect wagnerite

I agree with all the praise for Gielen's Mahler here - and eMusic members can download the individual symphonies relatively cheaply (although you have to put up with eMusic's less than generous bitrates)

Comment

Working...
        X