• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pulcinella
    Host
    • Feb 2014

Boulez conducts Bartok (DG)

Well, not on CD2 of the set I've just bought he doesn't!

It is apparently
    Grace Jones
    Night Clubbing (deluxe edition)

The CD itself is very clearly printed as though it's CD2 of the set.
    This is the first time I've ever had such a problem, though I know it does occasionally happen.

Waiting to hear from the supplier how best to handle it (in case there is a whole faulty batch).

Anyone else had any problems with this set? It's not exactly a new release (2009).
    I was pleased that the CDs are in cardboard sleeves (as they are for the Debussy/Ravel set); the Stravinsky set CDs came in SEALED paper sleeves, which were really awkward to open!
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
    Well, not on CD2 of the set I've just bought he doesn't!

It is apparently
    Grace Jones
    Night Clubbing (deluxe edition)

The CD itself is very clearly printed as though it's CD2 of the set.
    This is the first time I've ever had such a problem, though I know it does occasionally happen. . . .
    Lucky old you. I have had to make do with SZ 77, SZ 46, SZ 97 and SZ 113 on my disc 2 of that set. Now, why did DG use SZ numbers for this set and DECCA (same parent company) use BB numbers for the Complete Works box? The very same recording of Hungarian Sketches is in both boxes, but is SZ 97 in the DG box and BB 103 in the Decca box.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

Those sealed paper sleeves are a pain - REGIS boxes used to use them, and it's a faff avoiding getting the gum on the playing side of the disc. Didn't know that an "up-market" company like DG also used them.

But where did you get the box from, Pulcie? (And is there a buyer whose thinking that Grace Jones has changed styles a bit since the '90s?)
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Pulcinella
        Host
        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
        But where did you get the box from, Pulcie? (And is there a buyer whose thinking that Grace Jones has changed styles a bit since the '90s?)
        An Amazon supplier (used before); shipped from the US via Harmondsworth.
        Good to know that there's at least one proper set out there, Bryn, albeit using SZ numbers.

I did wonder (for a moment or two) if I'd put Cantata profana (a work I don't know) on by mistake.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
          An Amazon supplier (used before); shipped from the US via Harmondsworth.
          Good to know that there's at least one proper set out there, Bryn, albeit using SZ numbers.

I did wonder (for a moment or two) if I'd put Cantata profana (a work I don't know) on by mistake.
          Ah - the youth offenders' institution. Explains all.

Comment

Working...
          X