X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rank_and_file
    • Sep 2024

In celebration of "The Creation" of a new Message Board

Perhaps we need something to celebrate the launching of the new message board.

Having become somewhat addicted to YouTube I wondered what there was for Haydn’s “Creation.” Rather than starting with Chaos, perhaps this clip of "The Heavens are telling" is apposite. Certainly, the participants seem to be enjoying their music making!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Lisa Milne, sop
    Werner Gura, ten
    Matthew Rose, bass
    Jonathan Bayer, bar
    Netherlands Radio Choir
    Netherlands Radio Chamber Philharmonic
    John Nelson, conducting.

There seem to be enough versions of this particular part of the work to compile a YouTube BAL!

I wonder whether we will show as much harmony on the board

(To do the music some credit, you do need some external loudspeakers.)
    Last edited by Guest; 29-11-10, 23:31.
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Nice video, r&f. Any thoughts on where it was? I seem to think I've been there ... not the Thomaskirche, is it? I've only been there once (I think there are little animal carvings at the base of the columns in the nave - but they weren't focusing on that ).
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• rank_and_file

ff

A long time since I was in Leipzig, but don’t remember it as the Thomaskirke. As a wild guess it could be the Westerkerk in Amsterdam where I remember an organ recital many years ago.

It certainly is not Exeter Cathedral where I was a couple of Saturdays ago - an amateur orchestra and Tasmin Little. She played VW’s “Lark ascending” from the pulpit, which gave the last bars a certain added lift!

Comment

• Don Basilio
        • Nov 2010

It looks a lovely church, but definitely not English with all that whitewash. German or Dutch, I'd have thought.

Comment

• Mary Chambers
          • Nov 2010

I thought it was the Westerkerk at first, but the amazing Mr Google tells me it is the Grote Kerk in Naarden.

Comment

• french frank
            Administrator/Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Mary Chambers View Post
            I thought it was the Westerkerk at first, but the amazing Mr Google tells me it is the Grote Kerk in Naarden.
            Nothing like the Thomaskirche, now I look (though the TK is whitewashed).

What's more, I don't think it's the one with the animal carvings either. Wonder where that was?
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• BBMmk2
              Late Member
              • Nov 2010

I have always wanted to go to the St Thomas Kirche! Just to feel the atmnospehere there where JSB was!
              Don’t cry for me
              I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• rank_and_file

"... the amazing Mr Google tells me it is the Grote Kerk in Naarden.

Well found, Mary. Using your information, I am posting what Google found for me - which refers to the clip originally posted.

Last edited by Guest; 01-12-10, 20:33.

Comment

Working...
                X