• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
    Most kind of you to reproduce it here for us - I for one haven't read it; thanks very much, Bryn.
    Purely a link. I was most surprised to find that someone had scanned and posted it. I really ought to get a new, clean copy. Mine is rather battered and littered with notes, cross-references, et al. Oh, and the author appears to have autographed it for me, back in 1982.

Comment

• Richard Barrett
      • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
      Purely a link. I was most surprised to find that someone had scanned and posted it. I really ought to get a new, clean copy. Mine is rather battered and littered with notes, cross-references, et al. Oh, and the author appears to have autographed it for me, back in 1982.
      I had an autographed copy of Empty Words, which, sadly, I had to sell when I was extremely short of cash at one point. Yes, A Year from Monday is highly fascinating to be sure, but Silence is really the one for me. It was never far from my side in my younger days.

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Richard Barrett View Post
        I had an autographed copy of Empty Words, which, sadly, I had to sell when I was extremely short of cash at one point. Yes, A Year from Monday is highly fascinating to be sure, but Silence is really the one for me. It was never far from my side in my younger days.
        Oh yes, that too. I even grabbed French and Italian versions when I caught sight of them in a Kensington second-hand bookshop one lunch break when I worked at the then Anti-Locust Research Centre in Wright's Lane, just behind what was then Pontins, and is now Boots. Only the English language paperback edition of Silence got signed though, not the somewhat abbreviated French and Italian editions. Cage smiled knowingly when he saw just how well thumbed my copy of Silence was.

Comment

• Dave2002
          • Dec 2010

I liked this
          Later, during the question period,
          I gave one of six previously prepared answers regardless of the question
          asked. This was a reflection of my engagement in Zen.
          Sounds as though many politicians have been reading this, though they probably don't all have an interest in Zen, and some wouldn't have as many as six prepared answers.

Taken from https://archive.org/stream/silencele...1cage_djvu.txt

Comment

• vinteuil
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
            I really ought to get a new, clean copy. Mine is rather battered and littered with notes, cross-references, et al. Oh, and the author appears to have autographed it for me, back in 1982. .... I even grabbed French and Italian versions when I caught sight of them in a Kensington second-hand bookshop one lunch break when I worked at the then Anti-Locust Research Centre in Wright's Lane, just behind what was then Pontins, and is now Boots. Only the English language paperback edition of Silence got signed though, not the somewhat abbreviated French and Italian editions. Cage smiled knowingly when he saw just how well thumbed my copy of Silence was.
            ... quite the coolest! Love it

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
              Gone fishin'
              • Sep 2011

As it's over a week since the last post contributed to the "Problem of Abundance" Thread, I've merged it with the earlier "Too Much Music" Thread to unite an Ars Longa, Vita Semibrevis topic for further comment.
              Last edited by ferneyhoughgeliebte; 16-08-18, 09:51.
              [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
              X