X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

R3 not working on my computer ...

I am listening to Record Review, but not on my normal devices. Often I feed the optical output of my MacBook Pro to my DAC and hence to the amp and speakers, but today I've been unable to do this. I get a message to either "upgrade" to an app or change my cookie settings. I now haven't a clue what to do. I tried changing from Firefox to Safari with the same result.

OK - I'll probably figure it out in the end, but this seems to be another case where "modern" technology is inferior to old fashioned - just turn them on - radios. The audio quality will be better if I can get it to work, but devices or systems which don't work, or are very complicated are somewhat of a pain. Oh - another thing - an old fashioned radio is unlikely to change its behaviour from week to week due to the whims of the broadcasters, the distribution networks, or the reconfiguration of some local device - here my computer - which the end user may not even be aware of.
  • silvestrione
    • Jan 2011

I'd recommend a Creek tuner (mine bought in 1987).

Comment

• Dave2002
      • Dec 2010

Actually I do have a few tuners, both FM and DAB, but they hardly ever get turned on these days! Plus tuners don't do listen again/catchup.
      On top of that I think that the HD stream probably does have better quality. Pity really, as some of the older kit was really good - in its day.

Comment

• Dave2002
        • Dec 2010

I fixed R3 RadioPlayer using Chrome within about 10 minutes after posting msg 1. However it didn't seem to work from Firefox or Safari.

Now, hours later, it works with Firefox, but still comes up with the message about apps and/or cookies. It works without complaint in Chrome.

It still doesn't work with Safari.

I don't quite know why this has happened. Possibly it's due to the recent battery replacement - the Applestore people may have upset the settings, though I rather doubt that. It could be due to a recent OS X update - yesterday - now to 10.13.4 - or to recent maintenance activity on my part to clear out software I didn't want or need.

Comment

• LMcD
          • Sep 2017

Working fine on my PC, using Google Chrome.

Comment

• MrGongGong
            • Nov 2010

Comment

Working...
            X