X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ferretfancy
    • Nov 2010

BBC MM Cover disc

I just wanted to signal that this month's issue of the BBC Music Magazine has a really excellent cover CD featuring Paul Lewis. It contains Shostakovich's Piano Concerto No. 1 , Weber's
    Konzertstucke and Schnittke's Concerto for Piano and Strings ( not really my cup of tea but I assume well done ) There are the Liszt pieces, Aux cypres de la Villa D'Este no. 2, and Funerailles.

As you might expect, Paul Lewis is excellent, and the recordings from various locations are very good.

Well worth the magazine price of £ 5.99
  • robk
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Ferretfancy View Post
    I just wanted to signal that this month's issue of the BBC Music Magazine has a really excellent cover CD featuring Paul Lewis. It contains Shostakovich's Piano Concerto No. 1 , Weber's
    Konzertstucke and Schnittke's Concerto for Piano and Strings ( not really my cup of tea but I assume well done ) There are the Liszt pieces, Aux cypres de la Villa D'Este no. 2, and Funerailles.

As you might expect, Paul Lewis is excellent, and the recordings from various locations are very good.

Well worth the magazine price of £ 5.99
    I agree this is well worth having. I think the Liszt piece is Aux cypres de la Villa D'Este No. 1 not No. 2 which is labelled on the CD. No doubt someone will correct me if I am mistaken.

Comment

• BBMmk2
      Late Member
      • Nov 2010

Concur. The last movement, my goodness(of the Shostakovich PC1), is taken at a hell of a lick!
      Don’t cry for me
      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• mikealdren
        • Nov 2010

Many thanks, I'll buy it today

Comment

Working...
        X