Is there still room for new CD's. Yes, was my thought, when I heard this Telemann rec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • otterhouse
    • Dec 2010

Is there still room for new CD's. Yes, was my thought, when I heard this Telemann rec

So many classical CD’s around! In the “new releases index” e-ve-ry month in the Gramophone magazine (amazing to see that, still), in the shops, in your own CD-shelfs, in a forgotten box in your attic… Is there still room for new releases? Yes, very much! That was the thought when I heard a new CD with violin sonata’s by Georg Philipp Telemann on Spotify last night. Four previously unrecorded works, played with such elegance and power; for me it was a relevance to hear such “flowing” and ease on a baroque violin. The technique of playing period instruments still develops and that in itself enough reason to keep recording and issuing these CD’s. Highlight for me was the second movement of the (violin solo) fantasia in b minor, dancing and playing upon ornaments with the greatest fun factor imaginable… :-) Curious what you think of this performance!

classical playlist spotify . A blog about classical music playlists on Spotify . Beethoven Mozart Vivaldi Max Bruch . Orchestra violin piano cello

Rolf, Netherlands
Working...
X