X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stan Drews
    • Dec 2010

Two-headers live

Until now I've been neutral about head-to-head chat on CDR: it works sometimes. However, the current offering has me checking my aerial connections. No doubt the learned contributor (whose name I didn't catch - I came late to the programme) has something to offer but, on this showing, she should not be put in front of a live microphone again without some serious coaching (or a script).
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

She got better as the programme went on - at the start it sounded as if she was trying to remember all the things she'd told herself she must mention (many a new teacher will know the feeling). And credit to AMcG for putting her at her ease - by the time we reached the "Representation" she was much more fluent and was even chuckling at some of his comments.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

Are you two talking about Anna Picard?

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Sounded as if Anna Picard had a shocker on the way to the studio (from AMG's opening comment) and so maybe she arrived on air discombobulated and with seconds to spare... I sympathise! Haven't heard this segment yet though.

Stan did you hear Natasha Loges last week, for an example of someone who gets it RIGHT?
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
          Gone fishin'
          • Sep 2011

Well, I am

(She of the misheard skull-boring! )
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Stan Drews
            • Dec 2010

You're being more than fair fhg, but it was still bad radio, particularly at a time when so many of us are clinging to the flotsam of what's left of decent R3 broadcasting.

Comment

• Stan Drews
              • Dec 2010

@M Caliban - yes; this prog still delivers the goods more often than it ploughs - long may it continue.

[Edit] Some cross-posting here. If there had, indeed, been a problem prior to broadcast would it not have been better to let AMcG continue solo? After all, the format and content of the programme had already been predetermined.
              Last edited by Stan Drews; 28-03-15, 13:06.

Comment

Working...
              X