X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barbirollians
    • Nov 2010

Beethoven- Creatures of Prometheus

I think the recording of this ballet is in many ways the real icing on the cake of the Bruggen Beethoven symphony set . It sounds properly danceable for once and the woodwind and harp in particular excel themselves in painting the story .

This is not just a worthy performance of minor Beethoven but the attention given to it draws out all the beauty and invention of the music . A real magic casement .

Absolutely marvellous all round - I doubt I need that new Decca record of this
  • makropulos
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
    I think the recording of this ballet is in many ways the real icing on the cake of the Bruggen Beethoven symphony set . It sounds properly danceable for once and the woodwind and harp in particular excel themselves in painting the story .

This is not just a worthy performance of minor Beethoven but the attention given to it draws out all the beauty and invention of the music . A real magic casement .

Absolutely marvellous all round - I doubt I need that new Decca record of this
    I'd certainly agree with that, but the new Armonia Aeterna/Decca recording is a very engaging period-instrument performance for anyone wanting just the ballet.

Comment

Working...
    X