X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barbirollians
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post
    I ordered a Alan Gilbert/NY Phil Nielsen Symphony/4 via Amazon and got a Shirley Bassey album instead. I wouldn't have minded if it had the theme from Goldfinger on it, but no luck there. I have had a hard time making the vendor replace it, as they do not want to reimburse me for the two shipping charges. I must have ordered 30 discs from this vendor via Amazon but they don't seem to care, so I guess I am striking the vendor from my list and will continue to listen to the Gilbert recording via Spotify, which actually sounds rather good when played on my main system.
    Make a direct claim to Amazon - that is what i did when all your music were difficult and Amazon refunded me .

Comment

• Roehre

Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post
      I had bought the 20 CD "Haitink-The Phillips Years" from Zoverstocks. It took a month to arrive but at least it wasn't Shirley Bassey. There is a really good Amsterdam 8th from 1969 in this set.
      This is one of the public performances before the work was recorded by Philips, as was more or less standard practice in those years as a kind off gentlemen agreement between Philips (Phonogram in those days) and the orchestra management (Flothuis and Haitink having the right of veto).

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Roehre View Post
        This is one of the public performances before the work was recorded by Philips, as was more or less standard practice in those years as a kind off gentlemen agreement between Philips (Phonogram in those days) and the orchestra management (Flothuis and Haitink having the right of veto).
        Many thanks Roehre!

The things you know

Comment

• richardfinegold
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
          Make a direct claim to Amazon - that is what i did when all your music were difficult and Amazon refunded me .
          I actually did that last night, no response yet.

Comment

• Barbirollians
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Karafan View Post
            "I have *ahem* five secondhand copies available!" he gleefully cried and ended with a cacophonous evil laugh.......!!!!!
            It is the fact you have all these copies of Julio Iglesias albums to substitute I don't understand !

Comment

Working...
            X