In the pipeline (info re. forthcoming releases)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

In the pipeline (info re. forthcoming releases)

Quite a few contributors here have 'inside information' re. forthcoming releases. Here's a thread on which to spill the beans.

For starters, I am reliably advised that work is well under way on the editing of the third and final Matchless volume of the 2006 Huddersfield based survey of Feldman's chamber compositions for piano and strings (John Tilbury and members of the Smith Quartet). The major component will be the Trio, with a number of smaller scale works completing the survey. No date as yet for the audio DVD's release. Some time early next year, hopefully.
  • Alison
    • Nov 2010

Good idea Nethers.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Alison View Post
      Good idea Nethers.

... and good news about the Feldman.
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• PJPJ
        • Nov 2010

I don't think this has been announced officially. Two brand-new Lyritas are due in the near future:

1. The Piano Music of Franz Reizenstein played by Martin Jones

2. Songs by Geoffrey Bush performed by Simon Wallfisch (baritone) and Edward Rushton (piano)

I hope these will be the first of many in the future. As the Reizenstein contains the Lambeth Walk Vars, it's on my list.

Comment

• MickyD
          • Nov 2010

Sorry to be negative and saying 'Not in the Pipeline', but following an enquiry to BIS, they told me that it was unlikely that they would ever box together the complete CPE Bach Keyboard Concertos and solo keyboard works by Miklos Spanyi. This came as a big disappointment to me.

Comment

• Don Petter

I gather there is a forthcoming box entitled 'Decca: The Mono Years 1944-1956'. No information on contents.

Comment

• MrGongGong
              • Nov 2010

Looks interesting

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                Ex-member
                • Sep 2013

20th October 2014

Comment

• Bryn
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2007

The audio in the YouTube version is around 96kbps HE-AAC stereo, by the way.

Are the CDs to be ZFT authorised, by the way?
                  Last edited by Bryn; 16-10-14, 22:27.

Comment

• Keraulophone
                    • Nov 2010

[apologies for size of image]

To be released on Oct 20th.

A collection of intense and powerful English choral works all written during, or shortly after the end of, the First World War. Each work reflects its composer's response to the conflict, from the turbulent start of Stanford's For lo, I raise up, written shortly after the start of the war, to Vaughan Williams's paean of thanksgiving Lord, thou hast been our refuge written for a service at St Pauls Cathedral in 1921.

This recording, sung by the choir of boys and men of Truro Cathedral, includes the first complete recording of Alan Gray's three-part cycle 1914 - written in memory of the two sons he lost in the war - together with the rarely-recorded A Short Requiem by Walford Davies of 1915, written 'in sacred memory of all those who have fallen in the war'. Also included are Parrys magnificent six Songs of Farewell, largely written during 1914 and 15, but not performed in their entirety until 1919, a year after Parry's death.

The Songs of Farewell have not often been recorded by a choir of boys and men; the previous occasion was possibly St George's, Windsor under Christopher Robinson from 1987.

1. For lo,I raise up Charles Villiers Stanford(8:10)1914 Alan Gray
                    2. Peace(3:13)
                    3. The Dead(4:52)
                    4. The Soldier(4:14)A short Requiem Henry Walford Davies(17:31)
                    5. I Salvator Mundi(1:53)
                    6. II De profundis clamavi(2:06)
                    7. III Requiem aeternam(1)(1:26)
                    8. IV Levavi oculos(1:59)
                    9. V Requiem aeternam(2)(2:05)
                    10. VI Audi vocem(1:31)
                    11. VII Hymn:Mors ultra non erit(3:04)
                    12. VIII Gloria Patri(1:08)
                    13. IX Vox ultima crucis(2:21)Songs of Farewell Charles Hubert Hastings Parry(30:26)
                    14. My soul,there is a country(3:46)
                    15. I know my soul hath power to know all things(2:12)
                    16. Never weather-beaten sail(3:07)
                    17. There is an old belief(4:27)
                    18. At the round earth's imaging corners(7:06)
                    19. Lord,let me know mine end(9:51)
                    20. Lord,thou hast been our refuge,Ralph Vaughan Williams(8:24)

Comment

• Pabmusic
                      • May 2011

Originally posted by Keraulophone View Post

[apologies for size of image]

To be released on Oct 20th.

A collection of intense and powerful English choral works all written during, or shortly after the end of, the First World War. Each work reflects its composer's response to the conflict, from the turbulent start of Stanford's For lo, I raise up, written shortly after the start of the war, to Vaughan Williams's paean of thanksgiving Lord, thou hast been our refuge written for a service at St Pauls Cathedral in 1921.

This recording, sung by the choir of boys and men of Truro Cathedral, includes the first complete recording of Alan Gray's three-part cycle 1914 - written in memory of the two sons he lost in the war - together with the rarely-recorded A Short Requiem by Walford Davies of 1915, written 'in sacred memory of all those who have fallen in the war'. Also included are Parrys magnificent six Songs of Farewell, largely written during 1914 and 15, but not performed in their entirety until 1919, a year after Parry's death.

The Songs of Farewell have not often been recorded by a choir of boys and men; the previous occasion was possibly St George's, Windsor under Christopher Robinson from 1987.

1. For lo,I raise up Charles Villiers Stanford(8:10)1914 Alan Gray
                      2. Peace(3:13)
                      3. The Dead(4:52)
                      4. The Soldier(4:14)A short Requiem Henry Walford Davies(17:31)
                      5. I Salvator Mundi(1:53)
                      6. II De profundis clamavi(2:06)
                      7. III Requiem aeternam(1)(1:26)
                      8. IV Levavi oculos(1:59)
                      9. V Requiem aeternam(2)(2:05)
                      10. VI Audi vocem(1:31)
                      11. VII Hymn:Mors ultra non erit(3:04)
                      12. VIII Gloria Patri(1:08)
                      13. IX Vox ultima crucis(2:21)Songs of Farewell Charles Hubert Hastings Parry(30:26)
                      14. My soul,there is a country(3:46)
                      15. I know my soul hath power to know all things(2:12)
                      16. Never weather-beaten sail(3:07)
                      17. There is an old belief(4:27)
                      18. At the round earth's imaging corners(7:06)
                      19. Lord,let me know mine end(9:51)
                      20. Lord,thou hast been our refuge,Ralph Vaughan Williams(8:24)
                      I am looking forward to this - it seems very good,

(The sleeve design is good, too, but they're all American troops. Ho-hum… )

Comment

• EnemyoftheStoat
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Pabmusic View Post
                        (The sleeve design is good, too, but they're all American troops. Ho-hum… )
                        Perhaps I shouldn't ask, but how can you tell? The puttees, perhaps? In which case, the bugler looks rather WW2 to me.

Comment

• Pabmusic
                          • May 2011

Originally posted by EnemyoftheStoat View Post
                          Perhaps I shouldn't ask, but how can you tell? The puttees, perhaps? In which case, the bugler looks rather WW2 to me.
                          Yes, the long putties, the US knapsacks, the US water bottles, the Springfield rifles (very clearly not Lee Enfields) and - most obviously - the E-flat cavalry trumpet, rather than the British B-flat bugle. I'm afraid there's no room for doubt.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                            Ex-member
                            • Sep 2013

November 10th 2014

Captain Beefheart

Sun Zoom Spark: 1970 To 1972 [Limited Edition, Box Set]

When is 'Lick My Decals Off, Baby' gonna be available on CD at a a sensible price?

Comment

• HighlandDougie
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
                              November 10th 2014

Captain Beefheart

Sun Zoom Spark: 1970 To 1972 [Limited Edition, Box Set]
                              I had a sudden flashback of attending a Captain Beefheart performance in the Empire Theatre in Edinburgh in, um, 1973 (of which a bootleg audio is on Youtube). Helga Dernesch singing Isolde one night, Cap'n Beefheart the next (well, maybe quite not the next). Them were the days .... Anyway, this set looks like a "must-buy".

Comment

Working...
                              X