X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mathias broucek
    • Nov 2010

Fnac

Had a spare hour in central Paris last week. Not enough time to go to Chaumiere so I popped into FNAC in Les Halles.

Now Les Halles is spectacularly aweful, but the FNAC is extremely wonderful. They had a whole rack of Japanese inports at (mostly) sensible prices. And they stock high quality "live" labels such as Weitblick and Altus.

Def worth a visit if you're in town!
  • Nick Armstrong
    Host
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by mathias broucek View Post
    Had a spare hour in central Paris last week. Not enough time to go to Chaumiere so I popped into FNAC in Les Halles.

Now Les Halles is spectacularly aweful, but the FNAC is extremely wonderful. They had a whole rack of Japanese inports at (mostly) sensible prices. And they stock high quality "live" labels such as Weitblick and Altus.

Which I will be at the end of the week. Thanks mathias!
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• vinteuil
      • Nov 2010

Had a spare hour in central Paris last week. .... the FNAC is extremely wonderful. ....

... thanks for that m'brou'k : when I was based in Paris [1991-1995] FNAC was one of the great joys ; many a happy visit to FNAC Bastille and others. On visits to France subsequently, I have been rather disappointed by the FNAC experience - so it is really good to learn of your highly positive feeling for the FNAC in Les 'Alles...

Comment

• pastoralguy
        • Nov 2010

Mrs. PG and I visited Paris last year and I'm still digging out discs I bought in Fnac. Yes, lots of Sensibly priced Japanese imports!

Comment

• Stunsworth
          • Nov 2010

I used to live about 5-10 minutes walk from the store, and bought quite a few CDs from them. Handy for concert tickets too (at least as far as rock/jazz were concerned).
          Steve

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Stunsworth View Post
            I used to live about 5-10 minutes walk from the store, and bought quite a few CDs from them. Handy for concert tickets too (at least as far as rock/jazz were concerned).
            Have had some good CDs from the Nice store, still had a reasonable stock in January.

Comment

• mathias broucek
              • Nov 2010

.... Japanese inports at (mostly) sensible prices....
              But not all. I had a brief moment of sadness when I saw they had the Abbado Chicago Mahler 2 that I've only just ordered from Zovers. Felt better when I saw it was €40 (without the coupled 4th)...

Comment

• Roehre

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                Have had some good CDs from the Nice store, still had a reasonable stock in January.
                Makes two fo us

Comment

Working...
                X