• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
    Dave:

I wonder if you scrolled down far enough.
    The listing, which R64 must have copied and pasted, is after a fair bit of Polish (as much a mystery for me as for you, I fear).
    I'll be brave enough to try to provide a link one day when I'm at my Mac rather than on my ipad, unless you have easy instructions to cut/copy from one of them too. Sorry, no Polish lesson given in return!
    Shucks - no Polish!

iPad - in Safari

1. just go to link at top of browser.
    2. Press once - or hard enough until a menu appears - it should say Select or Select All or Paste
    3. Choose Select all
    4. A new menu appears - Cut or Copy or Paste
    5. Select Copy

Now navigate to where you want to drop the URL (or indeed any copied text) - say in the R3 forums text boxes.

6. Press with your finger in the text area, and a menu with a single item - Paste - should appear.
    7. Select that, and the URL (or other copied text) should appear in the text area.

Simples!

Comment

• Dave2002
      • Dec 2010

Dave:

I wonder if you scrolled down far enough.
      The listing, which R64 must have copied and pasted, is after a fair bit of Polish (as much a mystery for me as for you, I fear).
      I'll be brave enough to try to provide a link one day when I'm at my Mac rather than on my ipad, unless you have easy instructions to cut/copy from one of them too. Sorry, no Polish lesson given in return!
      Indeed, right at the bottom of this page is the listing - http://allegro.pl/england-s-green-an...279969406.html Below "Lista utworow: " which I guess might mean "track listing."

I did try pressing a few of the links on the pages to see what happened - they don't have my credit card details, so I figured it'd be OK to experiment. Could have tried the translate option from the search I suppose.

Comment

• Radio64
        • Jan 2014

I ran it through translate on Google chrome and it tirns out it's actually an auction site and that the seller - and the CD - is located in the UK.
        "Gone Chopin, Bach in a minuet."

Comment

• Pulcinella
          Host
          • Feb 2014

Dave:

Many thanks.
          I am about to upgrade my hand-me-down first-generation iPad to one with a camera and retina display, partly so I can use Skype without being in my study where my Mac is.
          I don't know if that will help, or if I need to use one of the little stylus things; my stubby fingers often don't seem to highlight areas well enough for cutting and pasting. But 'Select all' for a web page link should be easy enough.

Comment

• Dave2002
            • Dec 2010

Pulcinella

I tried one of those stylus thingies - seemed OK for a while, but then I got bored with it. You might find that it's not really that much better, but they aren't too expensive.

If you haven't already bought the new iPad you might consider waiting a short while to see if a new one comes out. That's pretty much what I'm doing - and I still have a gen 1 iPad. Allegedly the newer ones are considerably better, and I'd expect a new one to come out fairly soon.

Comment

• Radio64
              • Jan 2014

Remember folks, whenever you buy an i-pad there will always be a newer one waiting just around the corner...

Glad to see I'm not the only one still on a 'first generation' model!

Comment

• Pulcinella
                Host
                • Feb 2014

Time for a trip to the Apple-associated store (only about 12 miles away) for (hopefully) better advice than from the local stores that stock ipads, I suspect.

Comment

• Dave2002
                  • Dec 2010

Time for a trip to the Apple-associated store (only about 12 miles away) for (hopefully) better advice than from the local stores that stock ipads, I suspect.
                  I still feel that holding off a short while may be a good thing. Apparently iOS8 has been announced - though presumably not released yet - see http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/smart...test-from-wwdc

I'm still not rushing to update my own 1st Gen iPad - but will probably go for the next model. It's not so easy to predict when that will actually appear.

Comment

• Pulcinella
                    Host
                    • Feb 2014

Dave:

Thanks for this.

No purchase made yet since no trip into town (better weekend weather prompted a bike ride to a pub for Sunday lunch instead), but I plan a visit next week, when I shall ask the guys in the shop what (if anything) they know about this new operating system, which I note will be offered as a free upgrade to existing kit.
                    Apart from lack of camera for Skyping, I too am in no real rush to upgrade!

Comment

• Pulcinella
                      Host
                      • Feb 2014

Took the plunge yesterday and bought a manager's special at the nearby Western Computer (Apple associated) shop: a discontinued iPad 4 with 64 GB and cellular connection (which I may not use) that was cheaper than a 32 GB Air. I was assured that there would be a free upgrade to OS8.
                      Just charging it up fully before setting it up: another assurance was that all would transfer seamlessly via iCloud; here's hoping!

Comment

• Radio64
                        • Jan 2014

Took the plunge yesterday and bought a manager's special at the nearby Western Computer (Apple associated) shop: a discontinued iPad 4 with 64 GB and cellular connection (which I may not use) that was cheaper than a 32 GB Air. I was assured that there would be a free upgrade to OS8.
                        Just charging it up fully before setting it up: another assurance was that all would transfer seamlessly via iCloud; here's hoping!
                        ooooh! well done .. let us know, expect you already feel the difference between this one and the good ol' 1.0 .. half the weight?

Comment

Working...
                        X