Clear All
  • Flosshilde
    • Nov 2010

The weekend before Christmas, isn't it?

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
      Hope you've read your Grauniad this morning ts - Pompey rule OK.......
      I have read the article in question.....even the most ardent pompey fan must realise what a cleaned up version of history and truth it is !!

Important to note that the actual fan ownership element is being rapidly diluted by outside investment.
      Still, they should survive in L2 for another year.

and they will get a big fixture against Luton, who got a much worse punishment for lesser financial crimes.

Another way way of putting this, is that the grauniad article is a load of B******x !!
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• HighlandDougie
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
        is a load of B******x !!
        Which could equally apply to the discussion going on as I type. Oops! Quick correction - PG has just had a name check.

Comment

• Pabmusic
          • May 2011

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
          The weekend before Christmas, isn't it?
          'Twas the w/e before Christmas
          And all through the house
          Not a creature was stirring,
          Not even a ... Caliban [doesn't rhyme, what are you doing? - Ed.]

Comment

• Pabmusic
            • May 2011

...a load of B******x !!
            You have very large (very long? very wordy? very verbose?) b----x, Teamsaint.

Comment

• cloughie
              • Dec 2011

I have read the article in question.....even the most ardent pompey fan must realise what a cleaned up version of history and truth it is !!

Important to note that the actual fan ownership element is being rapidly diluted by outside investment.
              Still, they should survive in L2 for another year.

and they will get a big fixture against Luton, who got a much worse punishment for lesser financial crimes.

Another way way of putting this, is that the grauniad article is a load of B******x !!
              Ok for you cocky Saints guys who climbed out the right side from administration, as indeed did Palace!

Part of this should be on the footy thread but its good to start Easter with the Owls now mathematically safe following the defeat of Bournemouth after scoring the last two with 10 men! MM and Stu can plan for 2014-5 now!
              Back to the Record Shop Day - Nostalgia records in Truro are hosting Seth Lakeman - though don't think I'll manage to get to see him.

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Pabmusic View Post
                You have very large (very long? very wordy? very verbose?) b----x, Teamsaint.
                It's been a long saga down at nottarf krap, pabs ....it's a word that fits nicely.....

Although not Saints related I thought, today of all days, this news (which has just come to me from an excellent well-placed source in P*mpey) deserves a position on the main forum. I am told news of the collapse will officially emerge in the next few days. This is not a wind-up. I don't usually ...

Makes some of our politics threads look a it short and tame !

(For the uninitiated, nottarf krap is an anagram for the home of #lowlyportsmouth. )

First time I have been accused of verbosity on this board...where is Thopplenoggin when you need him?
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• Pabmusic
                  • May 2011

...(For the uninitiated, nottarf krap is an anagram for the home of #lowlyportsmouth. )

First time I have been accused of verbosity on this board...where is Thopplenoggin when you need him?
                  I visited Portsmouth once. My car broke down.

I'm not really accusing you of verbosity. Just of having bigger b----x than are necessary.

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                    Ok for you cocky Saints guys who climbed out the right side from administration, as indeed did Palace!

Part of this should be on the footy thread but its good to start Easter with the Owls now mathematically safe following the defeat of Bournemouth after scoring the last two with 10 men! MM and Stu can plan for 2014-5 now!
                    Back to the Record Shop Day - Nostalgia records in Truro are hosting Seth Lakeman - though don't think I'll manage to get to see him.
                    Good to see the owls safe.

The problem Saints have with Pompey is that they, like us suffered from loss of PL status and ownership issues. However, they utterly failed to learn the lessons, and managed to go bust and rip off a second lot of creditors within 3 years.

saints? Cocky? If we ever were, a quick look into the abyss of extinction and a spell in the bottom end of L1 soon put paid to it.

Neighbourly relations, (including other south coast clubs), would be helped if this 'worlds greatest fans' nonsense got dropped, because it is delusional and disrespectful.

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Pabmusic View Post
                      I visited Portsmouth once. My car broke down.

I'm not really accusing you of verbosity. Just of having bigger b----x than are necessary.
                      I know Pabs. I blame predictive text.

BTW, how big exactly is necessary ?

Or even approximately ?

Comment

• Pabmusic
                        • May 2011

...BTW, how big exactly is necessary ?

Or even approximately ?
                        Not really sure. I vaguely recall hearing "that's enough now".

[This has gone far enough - Ed.]

That's just what I was saying.

Comment

• Petrushka
                          • Nov 2010

Just off to post about Record Shop Day on the footy thread.

PS: What record shop? There's nothing for miles around here and no classical anywhere nearer than Birmingham (supposing there are any still there).
                          "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

I think AG should apologise for bringing up such an unsavoury subject, and spend £50 at his local record store as penance.

Not the worst punishment ever, tbf.

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                              Just off to post about Record Shop Day on the footy thread.

PS: What record shop? There's nothing for miles around here and no classical anywhere nearer than Birmingham (supposing there are any still there).
                              which is why AG brought up footy , to keep the thread alive....

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                                Host
                                • Nov 2010

And so the verdict on "record shop day"?

Yes, no, brilliant. Very strong

Sackings on Tuesday....
                                "...the isle is full of noises,
                                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Working...
                                X