X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark Sealey
    • Mar 2007

Ian Boyle?

Rob Barnett of MusicWeb asks, "Did anyone record the BBC broadcast of Ian Boyle's Violin Concerto on 21 Jan 2011?

If so are you prepared to make a copy preferably on a CDR but if not then cassette?

Does anyone have any other recordings of Boyle's other works?"

Rob is also keen to run to ground the broadcast - some four years ago - of a series of orchestral works by John Veale - these included (he thinks) his first two symphonies, Panorama and other orchestral pieces. Pretty sure that David Porcelijn conducted one of the BBC studio orchestras.

If you can help please contact me and I'll pass your details along. Thanks!
    --
    Mark
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

I guess you mean Ina Boyle, Mark. I'll have a look, but I don't recall recording it.

No, just checked, and I only recorded Composer of the Week that afternoon.

Aha! If you Google "ina boyle violin concerto" you will find one of the early hits leads to someone who recorded it. I only followed it one more step as you have to register to proceed further. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Bryn; 28-02-11, 16:41. Reason: update.

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

I have now registered and am downloading a wma of the concerto. The link to the directory I am getting it from is here. Ina Boyle's Overture, The Magic Harp is there too.

The 128kbps wma of the Violin Concerto does not sound too bad. Ina Boyle was a student of RVW's and he did what he could to promote her work. Unfortunately she is all but forgotten these days.
      Last edited by Bryn; 28-02-11, 17:18. Reason: update.

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

Oh, and re. Veale, this might be worth following up. No downloads but the last poster there may be worth contacting.

Comment

• Mark Sealey
          • Mar 2007

Thanks, Bryn; am passing on. I had both Ina and Ian in the text I was copying.

I'm sure Rob will be very grateful!
          --
          Mark

Comment

Working...
          X