Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Suffolkcoastal
    • Nov 2010

The schedules on the R3 webpages continue to be a source of amusement, it seems that hardly a day goes past without another error. I notice that next week for example R3 has invented two new composers Vlanicky (should of course be Vranicky or Wranitsky) and Debuzzy, although both are spelt correctly on the full schedule. I suppose this is just a continuing example of R3's current lack of professionalism.

On the Breakfast side looking at the schedules from the last couple of days I see that the 'Dance of the Hours' was on both Saturday's and this morning's Breakfast!
    Last edited by Suffolkcoastal; 21-03-11, 13:43. Reason: More info

Comment

• Frances_iom
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Suffolkcoastal View Post
      On the Breakfast side looking at the schedules from the last couple of days I see that the 'Dance of the Hours' was on both Saturday's and this morning's Breakfast!
      wasn't it also on Fri - the Sherman's "Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh" camp letter is usaully one truely comic rendition

Comment

• Suffolkcoastal
        • Nov 2010

It just gets worse with the website, have a look at this coming Sunday's 2pm request programme and underneath the Shostakovich 'chunk' from the 2nd Violin Concerto is a note to Chi-Chi from a member of the production staff. Someone at R3 needs to get a grip with the website/schedules urgently as it is becoming a shambles.

Comment

• Frances_iom
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Suffolkcoastal View Post
          I.. underneath the Shostakovich 'chunk' from the 2nd Violin Concerto is a note to Chi-Chi from a member of the production staff. Someone at R3 needs to get a grip with the website/schedules urgently as it is becoming a shambles.
          in case it is pulled
          NB. Chi-chi - unfortunately the CD is unavailable so I've sent a copy - no liner notes but I've scripted for you
          now what does this say about the research ? and who is actually responsible for this rash of 'interactive' bits and pieces

Comment

• Panjandrum

Originally posted by Frances_iom View Post
            in case it is pulled

now what does this say about the research ? and who is actually responsible for this rash of 'interactive' bits and pieces
            Good to see Chi-Chi knows her Shostakovich!

To paraphrase the old Carlsberg adverts, if Radio 3 did NHS operations they'd leave the scalpel in the patient.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
              Host
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Suffolkcoastal
              Breakfast had to keep to its strict schedule of CFM favourites and chart advertisement.

As did Classical Collection... ... Maybe it seemed particularly banal in the wake of Robert Tear's death, but the programming on both Breakfast and CC this morning was particularly lazy and boring... Chabrier's 'Espana', Tchaikovsky's 'March slave' , Rossini 'William Tell Overture', Ripya-Corsetsoff 'Capriccio Espagnol' ... Terrible selection I thought, even the Stravinsky 'Tango' is dull...

Grump grump grump.
              "...the isle is full of noises,
              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Suffolkcoastal
                • Nov 2010

Stravinsky's Tango is along with The Firebird are the most frequently performed Stravinsky these days on R3. Lazy and boring just about sums up a fair proportion of R3 programming at the moment I think.

Comment

• Don Petter

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

As did Classical Collection... ... Maybe it seemed particularly banal in the wake of Robert Tear's death, but the programming on both Breakfast and CC this morning was particularly lazy and boring... Chabrier's 'Espana', Tchaikovsky's 'March slave' , Rossini 'William Tell Overture', Ripya-Corsetsoff 'Capriccio Espagnol' ... Terrible selection I thought, even the Stravinsky 'Tango' is dull...

Grump grump grump.
                  I won't particularly echo the grumps, as I've really given up with anything between 7am and noon on R3, but on starting the car this morning and hearing Vltava, I reached down to see what was on R3, assuming the radio had been left on CFM. It hadn't!

Comment

• Norfolk Born

There was a time when I would listen to most, if not all, of 'Breakfast'. Then I'd wait until 9.00 a.m. when the interactivity died down. Then I wouldn't tune in before the start of 'Classical Collection'. Now, increasingly, I check the contents of the latter in the Radio Times and discover that there's absolutely nothing I particularly want to hear.
                    So that's one listener lost for the morning, and probably the rest of the day...not that anybody 'in authority' is that bothered. It should bother me, I guess, but the trend now seems so relentless that it's easier to just listen to Radio 4 and/or play CDs - or even listen to old audio cassette tapes, as I'm doing at present.

Comment

• Stillhomewardbound
                      • Nov 2010

Britten's Sea Interludes this morning ... yet again.

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Perhaps they're going to replace the shipping forecast as part of the ongoing programme of cuts. 'Humber, Thames: Calm Sunday morning, full moon, severe storm tomorrow evening'.

Comment

• Bax-of-Delights
                          • Nov 2010

The Breakfast "selection" was the usual tedious and repetitive stuff - a Brandenburg chunk, a Dvorak dance, a Britten Sea Interlude....

Jeez - how DULL can they make it? Does Rob go home after the programme, counting his 30 pieces of silver and wondering if this is as good as it gets?
                          O Wort, du Wort, das mir Fehlt!

Comment

• salymap
                            Late member
                            • Nov 2010

Did my ears deceive me or did we have a little quiz on CC today? Afraid I was doing washing, making toast etc so missed the fact that there were four pieces, what was the connection.? I heard, I think Ferrier, singing the Keel Row, some Dvorak or Smetana and that was all. Has this happened before ? Gosh.

Comment

• Thespian

This is left over from the "Hilarious" Red nose day special. They thought it was such a good idea that every thursday we get a "connections" quiz.

I don't mind it but it does seem out of place on CC (more of a breakfast idea imo)
                              Last edited by Guest; 05-05-11, 11:00. Reason: typo

Comment

• salymap
                                Late member
                                • Nov 2010

Which shows how often I tune in to this programme. Thanks Thespian.

Comment

Working...
                                X