X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pastoralguy
    • Nov 2010

Not the St. Paul's suite AGAIN!!!

Omg! Rob Cowen is playing this piece on the Sunday morning show. Is there a cd of this work jammed into a studios CD player?! This must be the fourth or fifth time it's been played in the last fortnight. It's is a nice piece but is starting to suffer from over-exposure.
  • Ferretfancy
    • Nov 2010

Sarah Walker gave us the Capriol Suite again last week, another piece that I would willingly have a pause for ten years before hearing again!

She also seems to have a passion for wailing counter tenors and the ASMF- sometimes together !

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Ferretfancy View Post
      Sarah Walker gave us the Capriol Suite again last week, another piece that I would willingly have a pause for ten years before hearing again!

She also seems to have a passion for wailing counter tenors and the ASMF- sometimes together !
      Trousers are very tight at the BBC at the moment.

Comment

• amateur51

I hope you're not suggesting that Sarah's involved in some sort of Payola scam, Ferret How very modern of Roger if so

Comment

• Ferretfancy
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
          I hope you're not suggesting that Sarah's involved in some sort of Payola scam, Ferret How very modern of Roger if so
          Naturally, as they pay my enormous pension, I can only say that the BBC is completely without fault.

I suppose that Renaissance polyphony over my porridge and boiled duck egg is simply not my grab, as my partner calls from the kitchen ="They're at it again !"

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
            Host
            • Nov 2010

"They're at it again !"
            "...the isle is full of noises,
            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• BBMmk2
              Late Member
              • Nov 2010

It be rather good to hear his Military Band Suites nos1 or 2, for a change?
              Don’t cry for me
              I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Crowcatcher

I stopped listening to the two morning programmes two years ago when, in the fortnight around the equinox between 9:30 and 10:30 Vivaldi's 'Spring' was played no less than five times - "plus cas change, ........."

Comment

Working...
                X