• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Sir Velo View Post
    Radio 3 has replied on its Facebook page: "BBC Radio 3 Hi Rob, that's more-or-less what you get, except during Breakfast and In Tune, times when we find people want a bit more news. Steve B".

While I know Facebook is anathema to most forum users, I would urge anyone hear to respond with their views on this post. There is a chance that R3 might just be listening.
    Can you still see those posts? I can only see mine - which I posted in the wrong place :-)

Ah, I can see your comment, just posted. All deleted, eh?
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by french frank View Post
      Can you still see those posts? I can only see mine - which I posted in the wrong place :-)
      Ah, I can see your comment, just posted. All deleted, eh?
      So, the BBC on their R3 FB space, delete posts they don't like? Is that it? Reminds me of the old R3 MBs after they were reversioned and Chris the Rottweiler Host had a slash and burn policy and deleted anything that didn't accord with their mission statement.

Comment

• french frank
        Administrator/Moderator
        • Feb 2007

And I've replied in the wrong place again I thought you were supposed to click on Comments but nothing happened. I see now it should have been on Reply. How bizarre!

Yes, off topic - ZAP!

Well, Sir Velo was definitely right when he said

There is a chance that R3 might just be listening.
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Old Grumpy
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
          Oh PURE JOY on the ruddy 18h00 Radio 3 news.... this gem (can't remember who was reading it):
          Ian Skelly

Here at 1:33:40

I was LOLing so much on the way home, I nearly drove off the road!

You can imagine the line: Well I was listening to Radio 3 Officer...

OG

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
            has the mixed doubles started already then ?.....

aaah!

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post

aaah!

and they say the art of conversation is dead............
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Bax-of-Delights
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                So, the BBC on their R3 FB space, delete posts they don't like? Is that it? Reminds me of the old R3 MBs after they were reversioned and Chris the Rottweiler Host had a slash and burn policy and deleted anything that didn't accord with their mission statement.
                Yes, the relevant post has been deleted.

Some bright spark has attempted to revive it.
                O Wort, du Wort, das mir Fehlt!

Comment

• Crowcatcher

I am a retired BBC employee.

Back in the mid 70s my boss exclaimed one day, following some 'shenanagings' at the top, " The trouble with the BBC is that it's been taken over by b****y jounalists" - plus ca change

For those who don't know the history - the last professional broadcaster DG was Charles Curran (a moderately perceptive man) followed by Ian Trethowan - a jounalist and then Alistaire Milne - another. That's when the news rot started, the journalists believing that the whole world wanted their 'opinions'

This was then fololwed by the take-over of the accountants - Checkland and the distastrous John Birt, and more recently the succession of any Tom, Dick or Harry stupid enough to do the job.

As my boss said at the about the same time - "Know b****r all about anything, become a (BBC) jounalist"

Hence we have the banality of far too much news everywhere on the BBC including our beloved R3.

For myself, I stopped listening to Breakfast and Essential Classics two years ago, now listening to either my recordings of TTN or one of the better internet stations.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Crowcatcher View Post
                    I am a retired BBC employee.

Back in the mid 70s my boss exclaimed one day, following some 'shenanagings' at the top, " The trouble with the BBC is that it's been taken over by b****y jounalists" - plus ca change

For those who don't know the history - the last professional broadcaster DG was Charles Curran (a moderately perceptive man) followed by Ian Trethowan - a jounalist and then Alistaire Milne - another. That's when the news rot started, the journalists believing that the whole world wanted their 'opinions'

This was then fololwed by the take-over of the accountants - Checkland and the distastrous John Birt, and more recently the succession of any Tom, Dick or Harry stupid enough to do the job.

As my boss said at the about the same time - "Know b****r all about anything, become a (BBC) jounalist"

Hence we have the banality of far too much news everywhere on the BBC including our beloved R3.

For myself, I stopped listening to Breakfast and Essential Classics two years ago, now listening to either my recordings of TTN or one of the better internet stations.
                    Interesting insights from the coal face, Crowcatcher - many thanks

Your morning listening strategy is shared by many R3 stalwarts

Comment

Working...
                    X