X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aeolium
    • Nov 2010

Repeats

Is there an increase in the number of repeated programmes on R3, and if so is this one way of fulfilling the budgetary requirements of the euphemistically named "Delivering Quality First" programme?

I had noticed quite a lot of repeats in the Do3 slot over the recent winter (including a couple of Shakespeare productions last week and this) and looking at the schedule for the coming week I noticed a repeated CotW series on Nielsen - five programmes broadcast twice a day, so 10 repeats. There are also repeats on the Music Feature, Private Passions and Saturday Classics slots. Through the Night contains extensive repeated material, and several posters have reported on its frequent recycling of earlier TtN broadcasts. With programmes like Breakfast and Essential Classics the problem is not so much of repeats as of repeated repertoire.

Some programmes are fortunately unaffected as yet - the Lunchtime Concert and Po3 for instance - and I haven't looked closely into recent trends so I don't know if there really has been an increase in repeats. It just seems that way.
  • MrBear
    • Mar 2007

Listening to The Early music show which is a repeat Stil really enjoying it

Comment

Working...
    X