X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

I always makes the mistake of checking the Official Charts official site, which always seems to be a week behind the times
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Eudaimonia

Meanwhile, whoever thinks there is no point in making our points here persistently is just plain wrong.
      Pardon the cynicism, but what makes you so sure this decision has anything to do with input from the forum? How do you know this wasn't just something they planned to do anyway?

Whoever thinks that, now these boards have been cast adrift by the BBC, the BBC doesn't look at them is also wrong.
      Uh, if you say so.

And we won't always be 'wrong' on everything.
      ...like a broken clock twice a day.

Comment

• french frank
        Administrator/Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Eudaimonia View Post
        Pardon the cynicism, but what makes you so sure this decision has anything to do with input from the forum? How do you know this wasn't just something they planned to do anyway?
        True. They could have done away with them as part of a plan to bring them back
        Uh, if you say so.
        We know because we subscribe to Google Analytics.
        ...like a broken clock twice a day.
        Well, whatever your views on the forum and its users, you're very welcome to make use of all the facilities here
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Eudaimonia

We know because we subscribe to Google Analytics.
          Fair enough, but what kind of granularity are you getting--are you sure you're not just seeing BBC-hosted automated scripts doing global keyword scoops for a little analytics of their own? Many companies do this kind of monitoring as part of "brand management"; wouldn't surprise me a bit. Oh well, I'm sure it's interesting reading, in any event.

Well, whatever your views on the forum and its users, you're very welcome to make use of all the facilities here
          Well thank you very much! Wow, I really am being an ungrateful bleep, aren't I? You know, I think this place really brings out a wealth of emotions by highlighting the special qualities of late-night posting to messageboards; a particularly intimate atmosphere which offers a safe, confidential space to disagreeable, obstreperous curmudgeons everywhere for them to share some reflections. (am I doing this right?)

Oh, nevermind--it is a very nice place indeed and I'm just being difficult. Nothing new, eh? Cheers!
          Last edited by Guest; 26-01-11, 21:13.

Comment

Working...
          X