Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lancashire Lass
    • Feb 2012

SK seems to veer from one extreme to the other.

Earlier this week she was in full-on fawning mode with Miah Persson: "Miah, you're an INCREDIBLY beautiful woman, how has this influenced the roles you play?"

Cringemaking.

Comment

• Northender

Perhaps it's got something to do with her claustrophobia and/or her recent encounter with well-known arachnophobe Phil Jupitus.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
        Banned
        • Jul 2011

Hope others have enjoyed the recent concert presentations of Andrew Macgregor and Penny Gore as much as I have - perfect radio voices, deft, elegant and economic delivery, just the right amount of pre-performance info. Wonderful.

Channel-hopping the other night I chanced upon Katie Derham presenting the Sao Paulo Prom, and was struck again by how much more relaxed and confident she is with a camera in front of her! Horses for courses...

Anyone else appreciating Eddie Mair on Newsnight too? His radio-honed wit was almost too subtle at first, but he's perfect for it, along with Emily Maitlis.

Comment

• cloughie
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
          Hope others have enjoyed the recent concert presentations of Andrew Macgregor and Penny Gore as much as I have - perfect radio voices, deft, elegant and economic delivery, just the right amount of pre-performance info. Wonderful.

Channel-hopping the other night I chanced upon Katie Derham presenting the Sao Paulo Prom, and was struck again by how much more relaxed and confident she is with a camera in front of her! Horses for courses...

Anyone else appreciating Eddie Mair on Newsnight too? His radio-honed wit was almost too subtle at first, but he's perfect for it, along with Emily Maitlis.
          Penny is always the understated role-model. I have liked Mary Ann Kennedy on the EIF morning recitals and enjoyed Christiane Karg's singing as much as Alice Coote's.

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

totally agree about KD...she is fine on the telly (which I guess is her real home?) , and can be very irritating on the radio.
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• pilamenon
              • Nov 2010

Absolutely agree about Andrew Macgregor and Penny Gore. Total pros.

I feel very uncomfortable when Eddie Mair presents Newsnight, however. He always sounds as if he is taking the p***

Katie Derham needs to stop squinting affectedly (as does Sue Barker).

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Can't be doing with any of those BBC presenters like Mair , Vine, Campbell etc, who stick rigidly to the agendas set by the powers that be.
                Too much guff about which(almost indistinguishable) politician or policy is best, not enough about real thing affecting real people, every day.
                Sorry , off topic.....as for "In tune".... it is such a missed opportunity.....(although there is the odd bit of good music).
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Working...
                X