X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stanfordian
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
    Not unlikely Late Junction material, I'd have thought (not that I know the piece L-L mentioned!)
    Hiya Caliban,

Yes of course, 'Are Friends Electric?' by Tubeway Army was the final work on 'Late Junction'.

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

Not unlikely Late Junction material, I'd have thought (not that I know the piece L-L mentioned!)
      Duly added to My Music, Cali, thanks.

Comment

• Lat-Literal
        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
        Hiya Lat-Literal,

What! You jest, surely?

In the unlikely event that you are not joking, please explain how that was thought suitable.
        Your main question has been answered, Stan.

On the second, I am not sure that it was suitable but at least it wasn't "Cars".

Comment

• Stanfordian
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Lat-Literal View Post
          Your main question has been answered, Stan.

On the second, I am not sure that it was suitable but at least it wasn't "Cars".
          Hiya Lat-Literal,

'Cars', yes that can be a hard one to get out of your head if it takes hold.

Comment

• Lat-Literal
            • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
            Hiya Lat-Literal,

'Cars', yes that can be a hard one to get out of your head if it takes hold.

Comment

• greenilex
              • Nov 2010

Lovely performance of Gershwin’s three piano preludes this morning, particularly well-recorded I thought and an amazing instrument.

Do we hear enough about the piano being used in recordings? I’m aware a pianoforte is not an organ, but still...

Comment

• doversoul1
                Ex Member
                • Dec 2010

A programme of six-hour, all-female composers. It may be tokenism but the programme is more than worth listening to.
                International Women's Day: Catriona Young presents a programme of all female composers.

Comment

• Bryn
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by doversoul1 View Post
                  A programme of six-hour, all-female composers. It may be tokenism but the programme is more than worth listening to.
                  https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09th2db
                  And not only the usual suspects, though several are there too.

Comment

• french frank
                    Administrator/Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                    And not only the usual suspects, though several are there too.
                    Probably explains why so few could be provided with composer pictures - and two that were turned out to be Mario Bernardi and Roy Goodman (and Darius Milhaud for the theme music).
                    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                      Host
                      • Nov 2010

Someone here speaking for me and many others I think, in his tweet to John Shea:

In case they ever look in here, I would add my thanks too, to John, Catriona and Jonathan for the just about the best broadcasting R3 provides these days. Good to know they enjoy doing it!
                      "...the isle is full of noises,
                      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Bryn
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2007

Someone here speaking for me and many others I think, in his tweet to John Shea:

In case they ever look in here, I would add my thanks too, to John, Catriona and Jonathan for the just about the best broadcasting R3 provides these days. Good to know they enjoy doing it!
                        Jonathan may not post here often, but he does maintain his membership.

Comment

• kernelbogey
                          • Nov 2010

Fell across this John Cage piece, totally new to me, during early morning insomnia: Four2 for a capella choir (@4.01). I tuned in during the piece, not knowing what it was or who it was by.

Later (@5.20) Life of Flowers, Op 19 - charming piano pieces by Croatian composer Dora Pejacevic (1885-1923).

TTN's jewel case.....

Comment

• Bryn
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
                            Fell across this John Cage piece, totally new to me, during early morning insomnia: Four2 for a capella choir (@4.01). I tuned in during the piece, not knowing what it was or who it was by.

Later (@5.20) Life of Flowers, Op 19 - charming piano pieces by Croatian composer Dora Pejacevic (1885-1923).

TTN's jewel case.....
                            I think I may have been at the St. Giles Cripplegate concert at which the Cage was recorded. TtN is full such gems.

Comment

• Bryn
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2007

A real gem for those fed up with overblown big band performances of Beethoven's 3rd Symphony; Ferdy Ries's Piano Quartet arrangement of the work. It was broadcast between 01:10 and 01:55 this morning.

Comment

• vinteuil
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                                A real gem for those fed up with overblown big band performances of Beethoven's 3rd Symphony; Ferdy Ries's Piano Quartet arrangement of the work. It was broadcast between 01:10 and 01:55 this morning.
                                ... not, I think, available as a recording yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X