X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eighthobstruction
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by AuntDaisy View Post
    I love "Ich habe genug". Listened to the 1951 Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau / Karl Ristenpart version on CD, afterwards.
    ...I am just listening to a lovely version by Lorraine Hunt Lieberson....a fabulous voice....
    bong ching

Comment

• AuntDaisy
      Host
      • Jun 2018

Tonight's TTN looks good...

Through the Night - Arte dei Suonatori at the Copenhagen Baroque Festival

Soprano Francesca Lombardi Mazzulli joins the famed Polish ensemble to perform works by Porpora, Bononcini and Handel. Presented by Jonathan Swain.

12:31 Johann Adolf Hasse; Sinfonia (Overture), from 'Cleofide'
      12:40 Nicola Porpora; Raggio amico di speranza, Cleofide's aria from 'Poro'
      12:46 Antonio Maria Bononcini; Lasciami un sol momento, Rosiclea's aria from 'Rosiclea in Dania'
      12:54 Johann Adolf Hasse; Mandolin Concerto in G, op. 3/11
      01:02 Nicola Porpora; Alto Giove, Aci's aria from act 3 of 'Polifemo'
      01:12 Johann Joachim Quantz; Adagio cantabile, from Horn Concerto in E-flat, QV 5:Anh.14
      01:15 George Frideric Handel; Lusinghe più care, Rossane's aria from act 1 of Alessandro, HWV 21
      01:22 Antonio Vivaldi; Lute Concerto in D major, RV 93
      01:32 Giovanni Alberto Ristori; Quanta volte in dolci accenti, aria from Didone Abbandonato, cantata
      Francesca Lombardi Mazzulli (soprano), Alon Sariel (mandolin), Ursula Paludan Monberg (horn), Arte dei Suonatori

01:37 George Frideric Handel; Dixit Dominus, HWV 232; Hana Blazikova (soprano), Alena Hellerova (soprano), Kamila Mazalova (contralto), Vaclav Cizek (tenor), Tomas Kral (bass), Jaromir Nosek (bass), Collegium Vocale 1704, Collegium 1704, Vaclav Luks (conductor)

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Tonight's TTN looks good...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0022ctd
        So long as I set the alarm for 2.08!

Comment

• AuntDaisy
          Host
          • Jun 2018

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
          So long as I set the alarm for 2.08!

I'll give the Szymanowski & Rontgen... a try - one of the joys of TTN is finding something new to enjoy.

Comment

• AuntDaisy
            Host
            • Jun 2018

Catching up on last night's very enjoyable TTN.
            Around 65mins in, Mozart is interrupted with "Central Colombia around 80% of our energy supply". Did someone press the wrong button or pour coffee over something?

Last edited by AuntDaisy; 18-09-24, 16:59. Reason: Corrected Colombia typo., I suppose they might have meant the University!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
              • Dec 2010

Catching up on last night's very enjoyable TTN.
              Around 65mins in, Mozart is interrupted with "Central Columbia around 80% of our energy supply". Did someone press the wrong button or pour coffee over something?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0022sn7
              The number of technological glitches affecting radio programmes seems to be on the up of late, viz the delayed start of last Sunday's The Early Music Show, and will doubtless increase as the unforseeable consequences of indiscriminately hasty technological innovation introductions outrun the abilities of their mere human appendages to keep up - witness as just one example among too many the effects of smartphones on children leading to moves to get them banned in schools.

Comment

• AuntDaisy
                Host
                • Jun 2018

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                The number of technological glitches affecting radio programmes seems to be on the up of late, viz the delayed start of last Sunday's The Early Music Show, and will doubtless increase as the unforseeable consequences of indiscriminately hasty technological innovation introductions outrun the abilities of their mere human appendages to keep up - witness as just one example among too many the effects of smartphones on children leading to moves to get them banned in schools.
                Yes, the joys of technology.
                BTW, it was World Service's "Business Matters" that interrupted Through the Night - the Colombia bit is ~29mins in.

I don't think our Austrian friends didn't have this problem over on Ö1 Nachtmusik, the Mozart starts ~48:20 in. Nor did the Swedes on Notturno ~2:47:10 in.

Comment

• Cockney Sparrow
                  • Jan 2014

Yes, the joys of technology.
                  BTW, it was World Service's "Business Matters" that interrupted Through the Night - the Colombia bit is ~29mins in.
                  Business Matters is broadcast on Radio 4 from 1 a.m. ( a selection of World Service programmes - until R4 starts again in the morning).

I commend it for insomniacs - its a most boring programme. If I played TTN I'd find it too interesting and would hang on, awake, for too long.......

(I'm not insomniac, but from time to time I'm just not tired until 1 a.m.)

Comment

• AuntDaisy
                    Host
                    • Jun 2018

Originally posted by Cockney Sparrow View Post
                    Business Matters is broadcast on Radio 4 from 1 a.m. ( a selection of World Service programmes - until R4 starts again in the morning).

I commend it for insomniacs - its a most boring programme. If I played TTN I'd find it too interesting and would hang on, awake, for too long.......

(I'm not insomniac, but from time to time I'm just not tired until 1 a.m.)
                    Thanks for the tip.

In the good old days, World Service had excellent dramas starting at 1am on Sundays, e.g. Gielgud's "The Tempest".

Comment

• smittims
                      • Aug 2022

This morning's TTN had a meaty selection, with those Haydn symphonies followed by the Alban Berg Quartet in the big Schubert G major quartet and the Missa Salisburgensis. No 'snippets' there, I'm glad to say. And the presentation is just right, relaxed, friendly, but informative. How I wish the rest of Radio 3 was like this.

Comment

• AuntDaisy
                        Host
                        • Jun 2018

Originally posted by smittims View Post
                        This morning's TTN had a meaty selection, with those Haydn symphonies followed by the Alban Berg Quartet in the big Schubert G major quartet and the Missa Salisburgensis. No 'snippets' there, I'm glad to say. And the presentation is just right, relaxed, friendly, but informative. How I wish the rest of Radio 3 was like this.

TTN beckons.
                        Hurriedly turned off Breakfast after a short breakfast making taster - "Snow White's Dance" was the last straw.

Comment

Working...
                        X