Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aotearoa
    • May 2014

Two hours on the ride-on getting the lawn ready for autumn then a cup of tea with TtN ('live' down here) - better still a recording of Brahms' Fourth. Sadly an awful rendition by a Rome orchestra (Santa Cecilia?). Apart from several jarring bum notes (which became more difficult to forgive), some unusual tempi changes especially in the last movement. Not often I hear such uncomfortable renditions.

Comment

• DracoM
      Host
      • Mar 2007

Can anyone help: have just tried to access TNT for a couple of days ago, and when I clicked on a particular music item. it played for about thirty seconds and then stopped.

What am I doing wrong?

Comment

• french frank
        Administrator/Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
        Can anyone help: have just tried to access TNT for a couple of days ago, and when I clicked on a particular music item. it played for about thirty seconds and then stopped.

What am I doing wrong?
        Which music item?
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• jean
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

If you want the whole of an item, start the whole programme from the beginning and find the item you want by scrolling forward through the white squares.

If you click on the items from the playlist below, you only get snatches of each piece. I don't know what it's there for, really.

Comment

• DracoM
            Host
            • Mar 2007

Many thx.

Comment

• doversoul1
              Ex Member
              • Dec 2010

Danish National Vocal Ensemble: Monday 8th August

Jonathan Swain presents choral music by Niels Gade, Nielsen and Sibelius from the Danish National Vocal Ensemble.

Nothing earth-shattering but a very enjoyable choir concert, calmly presented by Jonathan Swain.

Comment

• underthecountertenor
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by doversoul1 View Post
                Jonathan Swain presents choral music by Niels Gade, Nielsen and Sibelius from the Danish National Vocal Ensemble.

Nothing earth-shattering but a very enjoyable choir concert, calmly presented by Jonathan Swain.
                Yes, it was lovely. I'm tempted to try to persuade a choir I sing in to look at the Gade, Nielsen and Sibelius (though the Nielsen Benedictus seemed a mite worthy). The Mendelssohn Psalms are wonderful and (like all his vocal music) a delight to sing.

The only problem with going to sleep to TTN this week is that there is a risk that one will wake up to CBH's endless plugs for 'her' BBC New Generation Artists. So I'm afraid I'm now retuning to France Musique last thing at night for the rest of the week.

Comment

• Daniel
                  • Jun 2012

Faced with a mountain of unlistened-to Prom concerts after a break, I did what any serial procrastinator would do and listened to something else. On this occasion Yulianna Avdeeva playing the Chopin Preludes on TTN. She's pretty liberal with her rubato, and for me this can sometimes mean a fairly brief encounter, but I was soon drawn in by the integrity of her interpretation, as well as her deft and kaleidoscopic way with mood/colour/voicings, there are many exquisite moments along the way. It also felt more like a cycle than I've ever heard it. There's much intelligence to what she does. If this is something of a Marmite performance, I'm in the love camp.

Comment

• doversoul1
                    Ex Member
                    • Dec 2010

Tuesday 23 August

The Hover State Chamber Choir of Armenia in Warsaw

An interesting choir concert, including a work of a 17th century Japanese poet set by a 20th century Armenian composer (so I thought I heard).
                    John Shea with sacred and secular music played by the Hover State Chamber Choir of Armenia

Comment

• DracoM
                      Host
                      • Mar 2007

Last Sunday >Monday had a terrific Jochum / Concertgebuow Bruckner 4 following a whole hour of /Victoria and Palestrina! Phew!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                        Last Sunday >Monday had a terrific Jochum / Concertgebuow Bruckner 4 following a whole hour of /Victoria and Palestrina! Phew!
                        That must have been the night when I slept particularly well........

Comment

• Bryn
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2007

Tomorrow (Saturday to Sunday) night's TtN offers performances by the Brooklyn Ryder quartet. I've been greatly impressed by all I have heard of them on CD to date. Not to be missed.

Comment

• doversoul1
                            Ex Member
                            • Dec 2010

I missed the early part but was very impressed by what I heard. I’ll catch up later what I missed.

Comment

• doversoul1
                              Ex Member
                              • Dec 2010

Tuesday 8 November

I can’t remember when I last heard a concert of male part songs. This is of works by Schubert and Georg Kreisler (1922-2011). Maybe it’s just a nostalgia for good old days but it was very enjoyable and relaxing.

Comment

• mozart79
                                • Dec 2010

this is more of a quotation than anything else as many will be aware there won't be an Edition of Through the Night next Sunday i can't ever remember there not being an episode on when was the last time the show did not air. ?

Comment

Working...
                                X