• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
    ... it would never occur to me to suggest that any Forumista was childish ...
    Ah, but don't forget that Zucchini is the Forum's resident Wowbagger. It's part of his charm.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• antongould
      • Nov 2010

..... and some even seem to appreciate.
      Many dozens very much appreciate it here midst the pit heaps LMcD .... I too find more than a hint of the schoolroom .... Skellers is much more relaxed about such suggestions ... the other day in response to An die Musik, D 547 with Dame Felicity Lott ..... Thank You For The Music by Abba seemed a not infrequent suggestion to which IS responded by saying he didn’t think Dame Felicity had yet made a cover version ... When the “winner” Purcell’s Music for a while was disclosed one of its supporters has linked it with Thank You For The Music, saying the Purcell was almost as good ... to which Skellers replied that the Purcell was much better ...... I am sure ff would feel that CBH, once of this parish, would have ditched Henry and gone with Benny and Bjorn (?)

Comment

• LMcD
        • Sep 2017

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
        We may age, LMcD but no-one said we had to grow up!
        Phew - it's nice to have official permission to continue to post the occasional witticism, not least because it's my preferred way of dealing with/ignoring Br*x*t.

Comment

• underthecountertenor
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Zucchini View Post
          Perhaps she thought you were being childish.
          If you'd heard her giggling away with Georgia Mann on Tuesday about the absolutely hilarious thing that happened when Georgia said it was Monday whereas in fact it was Tuesday, but Suzy was in the car on the way to Broadcasting House and oh my it was all so hilarious, you would not think that childishness could be a criticism levelled by Suzy.

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by antongould View Post
            Many dozens very much appreciate it here midst the pit heaps LMcD .... I too find more than a hint of the schoolroom .... Skellers is much more relaxed about such suggestions ... the other day in response to An die Musik, D 547 with Dame Felicity Lott ..... Thank You For The Music by Abba seemed a not infrequent suggestion to which IS responded by saying he didn’t think Dame Felicity had yet made a cover version ... When the “winner” Purcell’s Music for a while was disclosed one of its supporters has linked it with Thank You For The Music, saying the Purcell was almost as good ... to which Skellers replied that the Purcell was much better ...... I am sure ff would feel that CBH, once of this parish, would have ditched Henry and gone with Benny and Bjorn (?)
            None for John Miles?

Comment

• Cockney Sparrow
              • Jan 2014

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
              Ah, but don't forget that Zucchini is the Forum's resident Wowbagger.......
              You mean, we only have one?

Comment

• antongould
                • Nov 2010

None for John Miles?
                We need a man of your knowledge and refinement to listen cloughers .....

Comment

• LMcD
                  • Sep 2017

Although I wasn't at home to hear it, I've just discovered that my suggestion for today's 'follow-on' piece was chosen by Ian Skelly. It seemed to me a good idea to follow one ritual dance with some more.

Comment

• cloughie
                    • Dec 2011

Although I wasn't at home to hear it, I've just discovered that my suggestion for today's 'follow-on' piece was chosen by Ian Skelly. It seemed to me a good idea to follow one ritual dance with some more.
                    Do you hear that anton?

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                      Host
                      • Nov 2010

The silly follow-on playlist game has altered to avoid people suggesting the sensible answers - the next movement/aria/dance in the work from which it was bleeding chunked.

Now they choose endings of works to avoid their embarrassment. But it all contributes to the constant downgrading of Radio 3.

Comment

• antongould
                        • Nov 2010

Do you hear that anton?
                        I did cloughers - very, very hard to be more impressed ..... well done indeed LMcD

Comment

• cloughie
                          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                          The silly follow-on playlist game has altered to avoid people suggesting the sensible answers - the next movement/aria/dance in the work from which it was bleeding chunked.

Now they choose endings of works to avoid their embarrassment. But it all contributes to the constant downgrading of Radio 3.
                          I can tell you’re impressed Alps!

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                            Host
                            • Nov 2010

I can tell you’re impressed Alps!
                            I used to like Your 100 Best Tunes - just 1 hour per week on Radio 2, and no idle gossip from Alan Keith. Now it's 7 hours a day on Radio 3, but with the nauseating drivel added, plus party games.

Comment

• Anastasius
                              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                              I used to like Your 100 Best Tunes - just 1 hour per week on Radio 2, and no idle gossip from Alan Keith. Now it's 7 hours a day on Radio 3, but with the nauseating drivel added, plus party games.

Hear, hear. My wife is extremely bright and acutely observant. She rarely listens to Radio 3 preferring the spoken word on Radio 4. Happenchance the other day there was little on Radio 4 and so she roamed the airwaves coming across Ian Skelly exhorting the remaining listeners to partake of the puerile, pointless and pathetic playlist. She rarely comments on stuff on the Radio but did later ask me if Radio 3 had completely gone downhill like that "daft playlist thing".

Says it all, really.
                              Fewer Smart things. More smart people.

Comment

• DracoM
                                Host
                                • Mar 2007

'Care Home Radio' with Uncle Ian.

Comment

Working...
                                X