• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Thropplenoggin View Post
    I wonder what profanities will be unleashed tomorrow.
    Well, that's one way to get people to listen, I suppose.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Mahler's3rd

Have'nt listened to essential Classics for ages, normally catch the first 20 minutes of Breakfast on my way to work and thats about it during the week. I do though listen to CD Review a lot and the evening concerts.

Comment

• Sir Velo
        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by french frank View Post
        Well, that's one way to get people to listen, I suppose.
        Er, not me I'm afraid.

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

**** knows.
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by mercia View Post
            just listening to this guest spot - I don't think we're going to hear much music this week - he's quite a windbag
            not much point in paying guests at Barrister rates for them just to play some records.....
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• Thropplenoggin

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
              **** knows.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                Host
                • Nov 2010

**** knows.
                "...the isle is full of noises,
                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• french frank
                  Administrator/Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

Interesting that Chris Moyles et al. used to be in trouble when such things happened on Radio 1.

I don't think any notice about 'strong language' would put me off listening, but a classical music programme which bothers to ask a guest to talk about his first (professional) appearance in a court might ...
                  It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Thropplenoggin

I don't think any notice about 'strong language' would put me off listening, but a classical music programme which bothers to ask a guest to talk about his first (professional) appearance in a court might ...
                    Well put.

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

which reminds me of the (probably apochryphal) story about the sign outside a local Labour party office which invited the local faithful to a meeting entitled " labour : what lies ahead?" to which a local blue wag had added " God knows, but they'll think up some good ones !!"

Comment

• Sir Velo
                        • Oct 2012

I don't think any notice about 'strong language' would put me off listening,:
                        Lest anyone get the idea I'm a prude on matters of language, it wouldn't deter me from listening, but neither would it encourage me to tune in, particularly when the whole concept of non-musical guests is so toe-curling.

Comment

• french frank
                          Administrator/Moderator
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Sir Velo View Post
                          Lest anyone get the idea I'm a prude on matters of language, it wouldn't deter me from listening, but neither would it encourage me to tune in, particularly when the whole concept of non-musical guests is so toe-curling.
                          Well, I do agree with that (though I have to say I don't swear myself and am less relaxed about others doing so than those who habitually use 'bad 'language').

Though it does seem like R3/BBC double standards when there's a fuss made about about guests'/presenters' on air swearing, or unintentional off mike words being caught, if it's Radio 1 or television but if it's Radio 3 we just get a warning notice. Leaving aside the fact that younger people are far more likely to swear than older people ...

A good reason for ending the non-musical guest interviews.

Comment

• Stunsworth
                            • Nov 2010

Today's word was 'bollocks'. I look forward to what's coming tomorrow.
                            Steve

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                              Host
                              • Nov 2010

A good reason for ending the non-musical guest interviews.
                              Yes, clearly it was done live - for organisational reasons presumably.

Robertson seems to be in the studio today - clearly live too as he seems to have had fun getting the "N" and the "B" words past Rob Cowan this.... at least three "B*ll*cks" today!! Rob, having been goaded about it, having to apologise again

I think Robertson takes a patronising delight in ruffling establishment feathers, it's a sort of pompous iconoclasm that I find tiresome and rather childish.

Well here comes Verdi so for several reasons, off goes the radio

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                                Host
                                • Nov 2010

**** knows.
                                Now we ******* do.

Comment

Working...
                                X