X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ein Heldenleben
    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post
    I make the totals of RVW and Mahler complete symphony broadcasts during 2019 as 8 and 43 respectively .....
    (Psst I think RVW’s are better than GM’s but I daren’t tell anyone )

Comment

• hmvman
      • Mar 2007

I've just caught up with this thread and quite a lot has happened since my last post. I hadn't intended to give Anton more work to do and I apologise if that's how it came over. I was simply curious as to whether my suspicions that EC plays a small number of pieces over and over was borne out by the stats.

Thank you to Andrew and ferney for the links to the database and I will be very happy to investigate the info myself. And thanks again, Anton, for all of your work in compiling the list.

Comment

• Edgy 2
        • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Heldenleben View Post
        (Psst I think RVW’s are better than GM’s but I daren’t tell anyone )
        psst I agree
        “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• Ein Heldenleben
          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
          psst I agree
          T

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
            Gone fishin'
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
            psst I agree
            Pssst - you're both wrong!
            [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
              Pssst - you're both wrong!
              Plus, they're just different. That's the great thing about the richness of variety in what we call "classical music".

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                Gone fishin'
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                Plus, they're just different. That's the great thing about the richness of variety in what we call "classical music".
                Last edited by ferneyhoughgeliebte; 01-02-20, 11:14.
                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Oakapple

From this morning: Moog should rhyme with vogue and not sound like a cow. Also the H in Hilaire Belloc is pronounced, but at least Ian Skelly corrected himself the second time.

On a more positive note, I really enjoyed hearing hearing Boellmann's Toccata again. Having not heard it for a very long time, I'd almost forgotten it, but it was a favourite of mine as a teenager in the 1970s on an LP called The King of Instruments. Maybe I was a Goth before it became fashionable.

Comment

• Pulcinella
                    Host
                    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Oakapple View Post
                    From this morning: Moog should rhyme with vogue and not sound like a cow. Also the H in Hilaire Belloc is pronounced, but at least Ian Skelly corrected himself the second time.

On a more positive note, I really enjoyed hearing hearing Boellmann's Toccata again. Having not heard it for a very long time, I'd almost forgotten it, but it was a favourite of mine as a teenager in the 1970s on an LP called The King of Instruments. Maybe I was a Goth before it became fashionable.

I remember it well (though not who played it, and the sleeve doesn't help!).

PS: Nicholas Danby, at Blenheim Palace, according to this listing:

I have a different EMI recording in a French 2CD set called Grandes Toccates pour orgue (played by Guy Morançon at Rouen). It's time to give it a spin!
                    Last edited by Pulcinella; 18-02-20, 16:32. Reason: PS added.

Comment

• edashtav
                      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                      https://www.amazon.co.uk/SEOM-VARIOU...2038561&sr=8-4

Answer from Discogs: Nicholas Dandy played the Boellmann track.

Comment

• Oakapple

That's the one! I still have it, though I am sure I haven't played it for over 40 years. I must give it a spin.

Comment

• Pulcinella
                          Host
                          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by edashtav View Post
                          Answer from Discogs: Nicholas Dandy played the Boellmann track.
                          Nice one.

Comment

• oddoneout
                            • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                            https://www.amazon.co.uk/SEOM-VARIOU...2038561&sr=8-4

PS: Nicholas Danby, at Blenheim Palace, according to this listing:

I have a different EMI recording in a French 2CD set called Grandes Toccates pour orgue (played by Guy Morançon at Rouen). It's time to give it a spin!
                            I've got an old CD 'Virtuoso French Organ Music' which kicks off with the Suite Gothique; Jennifer Bate at St Pierre de Beauvais.

Comment

• Pulcinella
                              Host
                              • Feb 2014

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
                              I've got an old CD 'Virtuoso French Organ Music' which kicks off with the Suite Gothique; Jennifer Bate at St Pierre de Beauvais.
                              This is my set, a snip at £2 for a used copy:

Comment

• Bax-of-Delights
                                • Nov 2010

As Skellers was Broadcasting EC from his own home today - probably propped up in his own bed - there is obviously no technical reason to drag the presenters up to Salford or BH in the future. I always thought it a bit off that poor old Martin Handley was expected to travel from his home in Kent up to Salford on a Saturday afternoon just to do Sunday morning Breakfast. Going to save themselves a few bob on expenses.
                                O Wort, du Wort, das mir Fehlt!

Comment

Working...
                                X