X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cloughie
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
    I don't know about other stations, but BBC Suffolk is dreadful - as the average of its listeners is apparently 61 perhaps it will suffer a slow, lingering, painful death.
    I’ve just had a quick look on iplayer - you’ve still got Keith Skues! But it looks like overall the music input matches the 35-55 age group rather than an average age of 61!

Comment

• LezLee
      • Apr 2019

Blimey, Keith Skues is 80! I remember when I was living in Sheffield, he was working for Radio Hallam along with Roger Moffat and others. They were often to be seen in the Dove and Rainbow in various stages of insobriety.

Comment

• LMcD
        • Sep 2017

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
        I’ve just had a quick look on iplayer - you’ve still got Keith Skues! But it looks like overall the music input matches the 35-55 age group rather than an average age of 61!
        'Cardboard shoes' and Nick Risby are the only BBC Suffolk presenters I listen to, and that's only until I drop off to sleep!

Comment

• gradus
          • Nov 2010

Don't forget dear old Mick Mills who could send anyone off to sleep when he's commentating on the ITFC games.

Comment

• gurnemanz
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LezLee View Post
            Blimey, Keith Skues is 80! I remember when I was living in Sheffield, he was working for Radio Hallam along with Roger Moffat and others. They were often to be seen in the Dove and Rainbow in various stages of insobriety.
            I remember Skues on the pirate Radio London, my favoured station as a teenager in the 60s. When the Beeb eventually noticed that pop music existed and started Radio One, I went square and turned to Radio Three.

Comment

• antongould
              • Nov 2010

Looks very much as if Sara Cox will follow Simon Mayo and lead a further assault on the dominance of Skellers - in the Grauniad this morning she informs us the music she wishes to have played at her funeral is “ The Hovis ad music “ .....

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                Looks very much as if Sara Cox will follow Simon Mayo and lead a further assault on the dominance of Skellers - in the Grauniad this morning she informs us the music she wishes to have played at her funeral is “ The Hovis ad music “ .....
                But does she want the Tony Capstick version?

Comment

• antongould
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                  But does she want the Tony Capstick version?
                  Lacking in detail as always cloughers .... only the South West can save us .......

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                    • Dec 2010

Maybe that's because she considers herself well-bread.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                      Gone fishin'
                      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                      Maybe that's because she considers herself well-bread.
                      There's a germ of truth in what you say there, S_A.
                      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Stanfordian
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by gradus View Post
                        Don't forget dear old Mick Mills who could send anyone off to sleep when he's commentating on the ITFC games.
                        Now Owen Hargreaves is the new sleep master!

Comment

• Stanfordian
                          • Dec 2010

So I guess she knows little about French Grand Opera! Talk about dumming down, eh!

I was once at concert of Dvorak Symphony. No. 9 when the presenter mentioned 'The Hovis ad music' and never even mentioned Dvorak.
                          Last edited by Stanfordian; 31-08-19, 11:37.

Comment

• cloughie
                            • Dec 2011

Lacking in detail as always cloughers .... only the South West can save us .......
                            Nay lad he’s from Sheffild!

Comment

• Mal
                              • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                              That could because we've all switched off from morning listening now that Radio 3 has become so utterly crass at this time.

My question to Roger Wright is: "What is the point in having 2 x Classic FM?"
                              Long time since I listened to essential classic, but I thought I'd give it a bash during my morning coffee break (c1030am). Some good music being played, based on the theme of "dramatic rides", but totally spoiled by several minutes rabbiting on about what Fred from Selkirk or Mary from Plymouth thought was a good ride theme. Surely they just need to say, once a year, that audience requests will be taken into account. Are "essential classics" regulars such narcissists that they need to have their name and occupation read out on air? Indeed so crass! And so boring.

Comment

• antongould
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Mal View Post
                                Long time since I listened to essential classic, but I thought I'd give it a bash during my morning coffee break (c1030am). Some good music being played, based on the theme of "dramatic rides", but totally spoiled by several minutes rabbiting on about what Fred from Selkirk or Mary from Plymouth thought was a good ride theme. Surely they just need to say, once a year, that audience requests will be taken into account. Are "essential classics" regulars such narcissists that they need to have their name and occupation read out on air? Indeed so crass! And so boring.

I think we have proved beyond reasonable doubt that we are narcissists .....

Proms in the Park “trailer” ....... “ .... and topping the bill ..... Barry Manilow
                                ..... looking as young as ever ...

From the back of the crowd ... “

Comment

Working...
                                X