Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vinteuil
    • Nov 2010

... still very much use the Radio Times.

Magic marker for items of interest on the tele pages (this week : Follow the Money, Boat Race, Line of Duty, 24hrs Police Custody, House thro' Time, Fleabag, Surgeons at the Edge of Life, Unreported World, HIGNFY... ); then transcribe these tele details in to the top margins (using black biro) of the Radio 3 pages; finally magic marker items of interest on the radio pages (this week : Building a Library, Composer of the Week, Lunchtime Concert, the News Quiz... )

Then all I need to refer to is the radio page of the day.

Comment

• LezLee
      • Apr 2019

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post

... still very much use the Radio Times.

Magic marker for items of interest on the tele pages (this week : Follow the Money, Boat Race, Line of Duty, 24hrs Police Custody, House thro' Time, Fleabag, Surgeons at the Edge of Life, Unreported World, HIGNFY... ); then transcribe these tele details in to the top margins (using black biro) of the Radio 3 pages; finally magic marker items of interest on the radio pages (this week : Building a Library, Composer of the Week, Lunchtime Concert, the News Quiz... )

Then all I need to refer to is the radio page of the day.

Hooray! Great to know I’m not alone. I like being able to subscribe as well. Not just cheaper, but the convenience of it arriving by post every Tuesday - I’m pretty much housebound and the newsagent isn’t always reliable.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
        Thanks TS. ! Actually I replenished the red 'uns on a calculated liftetime duration assumption the other week while in the PO. Oh, and the Hoddinott was recording in the other room while I carried on in here with it on the Hitachi!

Comment

• LezLee
          • Apr 2019

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
          Welcome LezLee! My first ever posting on this Forum was basically a complaint about the (to me) regrettable changes to the 10.00 - 1200 slot. Sadly, if I were joining the Forum today, I suspect that I wouldn't change a word....
          I will confess to having had a serious suggestion for a 'follow-on' piece chosen by IS. For some strange reason, none of my basically more - well, let's say 'humorous'- suggestions addressed to SK has been chosen. I don't actually wait to find out the response, as I'm happy to check the playlist later.
          (How's The Wheel?)

The Wheel is still very popular even in winter. It’s about 3 miles from me and the canal is just 1 mile up the road. Timothy West and Prunella Scales were shown around by an acquaintance of mine. He said they’re a lovely couple, not at all ‘lovey’.

Sorry, forgot to reply earlier!

Comment

• LMcD
            • Sep 2017

Several months ago I bought a pack of 32 black biros for £1 from Poundland (where else?) and quite a few have still not been used. Unlike some cheap biros, these last quite a long time.

Comment

• Padraig
              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
              Several months ago I bought a pack of 32 black biros for £1 from Poundland (where else?) and quite a few have still not been used. Unlike some cheap biros, these last quite a long time.
              I bet you a pound they won't.

Comment

• hmvman
                • Mar 2007

Time for a Biro thread methinks....

Comment

• cloughie
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by hmvman View Post
                  Time for a Biro thread methinks....
                  Or even a refill!

Actually I prefer pencils to biros - those disposable propelling pencils, provided that have a decent rubber or should I use the pc nomenclature, eraser. They are very useful for sudoku and other puzzles whereas biros are a bit too permanent. I have never really been keen on biros, much prefer fountain pens, but with the quality of paper in general use it is not always practical to use anything other than a biro. I suppose you could describe biros as the best pens since sliced bread, nut then I prefer proper bread to the Chorleywood stuff.
                  Last edited by cloughie; 08-04-19, 22:58.

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

Actually, the ink does last an amazingly long time.

Unless it leaks all over your jacket pocket.
                    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
                      • Dec 2011

Actually, the ink does last an amazingly long time.

Unless it leaks all over your jacket pocket.
                      Should they be stored horizontally, or vertically, and if the latter, point upwards or downwards.

Comment

• hmvman
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                        Or even a refill!

Actually I prefer pencils to biros - those disposable propelling pencils, provided that have a decent rubber or should I use the pc nomenclature, eraser. They are very useful for sudoku and other puzzles whereas biros are a bit too permanent. I have never really been keen on biros, much prefer fountain pens, but with the quality of paper in general use it is not always practical to use anything other than a biro. I suppose you could describe biros as the best pens since sliced bread, nut then I prefer proper bread to the Chorleywood stuff.
                        With you on all of that, cloughie. I haven't bought a biro (ball-point pen) for years and have loads either given as promotional freebies or liberated from hotel rooms. I like propelling pencils too and use erasable pens for doing crosswords.

Comment

• LezLee
                          • Apr 2019

I like pencils too, they can be used at an angle, unlike biros. I won a propelling pencil from the Children’s Newspaper (crossword) when I was 7. I was very proud.

Comment

• ardcarp
                            Late member
                            • Nov 2010

I hate so-called 'biros'. While a good fountain pen can't be beaten for good handwritten letters [what are those I hear you cry] the Uniball pen is ideal for everyday use and can be carted around in your pocket without leaking. And the ink lasts a very long time. Oh and they don't play up when you're doing a crossword in bed!

Comment

• LMcD
                              • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Padraig View Post
                              I bet you a pound they won't.
                              I'll be sure to let you know!

Comment

• gurnemanz
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
                                I hate so-called 'biros'. While a good fountain pen can't be beaten for good handwritten letters [what are those I hear you cry] the Uniball pen is ideal for everyday use and can be carted around in your pocket without leaking. And the ink lasts a very long time. Oh and they don't play up when you're doing a crossword in bed!

https://groceries.asda.com/product/p...-pens/22521087
                                Uniball makes me think of the Chancellor of the Third Reich.

Comment

Working...
                                X