• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Padraig
    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by french frank View Post
    Every one a winner

But we are too creative here to copy anyone else's ideas - AREN'T WE?
    We certainly are! Whoever heard of a thread about Hair for goodness sake?

Wait! What a good idea!

Comment

• french frank
      Administrator/Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Padraig View Post
      Wait! What a good idea!
      I used to be able to nip that kind of thing in the bud before it went viral <sigh, remembering the glory days>
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• LezLee
        • Apr 2019

Wait! What a good idea!
        It’s complete with photos, but whether they’re of the poster, who knows?

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
          Gone fishin'
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by french frank View Post
          I used to be able to nip that kind of thing in the bud before it went viral <sigh, remembering the glory days>
          Believe me - that will certainly be a tradition continued by the current management; one of whom once completely misunderstood what Folic Acid was meant to help with!
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Padraig
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
            Believe me - that will certainly be a tradition continued by the current management; one of whom once completely misunderstood what Folic Acid was meant to help with!
            Tsk!Tsk!

Comment

• french frank
              Administrator/Moderator
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
              one of whom once completely misunderstood what Folic Acid was meant to help with!
              I follow your line of thought because I though that too
              It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• oddoneout
                • Nov 2015

Wait! What a good idea!
                The musical?

Comment

• LezLee
                  • Apr 2019

Last Friday’s Playlist suggestions were probably the most cringeworthy yet. The initial piece was the dire Elena Kats-Chernin’s ‘Eliza aria’ from ‘Wild Swans’ (Lloyds’ Bank ad.). The first 4 suggestions were: Delibes - Flower Duet, Sugar-plum Fairy, Queen of the Night’s aria and Für Elise (mispronounced as usual). At this point I went and did the washing-up.
                  SK chose the Flower Duet, another cheesy piece by Kats-Chernin and Vocalise.

This week’s Radio Times mistakes are: Glasgow Pavillion, and in an item about Jo Brand - ‘the story of her performing Bach’s Toccato and Fugue in the Royal Albert Hall’

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                    Host
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LezLee View Post
                    Last Friday’s Playlist suggestions were probably the most cringeworthy yet.
                    I always find the presenters' attempts at encouragement to be the most cringeworthy thing. They're only doing their job, so have to go through the whole charade.

Comment

• oddoneout
                      • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                      I always find the presenters' attempts at encouragement to be the most cringeworthy thing. They're only doing their job, so have to go through the whole charade.
                      Only one of the presenters knows it's a charade though...I suspect that simply looking at the choice(s) of follow-on pieces would give a pretty good indication of who is on duty on any given day without bothering to name-check.

Comment

• LMcD
                        • Sep 2017

[QUOTE=LezLee;732843]Last Friday’s Playlist suggestions were probably the most cringeworthy yet. The initial piece was the dire Elena Kats-Chernin’s ‘Eliza aria’ from ‘Wild Swans’ (Lloyds’ Bank ad.). The first 4 suggestions were: Delibes - Flower Duet, Sugar-plum Fairy, Queen of the Night’s aria and Für Elise (mispronounced as usual). At this point I went and did the washing-up.
                        SK chose the Flower Duet, another cheesy piece by Kats-Chernin and Vocalise.

This week’s Radio Times mistakes are: Glasgow Pavillion, and in an item about Jo Brand - ‘the story of her performing Bach’s Toccato and Fugue in the Royal Albert Hall’[/QUOTE]

Why are you still buying the Radio Times?

Comment

• LezLee
                          • Apr 2019

“Why are you still buying the Radio Times?”

Habit and (misplaced?) loyalty. I’ve grown up with it, never missed a copy even on holiday. We always had it at home including during wartime and my sister and I each carried on with it when we left home. Where else can I see details of ‘Through the Night’? Sad to see the way it’s gone of course.

Comment

• french frank
                            Administrator/Moderator
                            • Feb 2007

Where else can I see details of ‘Through the Night’?
                            Here?

Click on the Radio 3 box and it lands on the current programme

Comment

• LezLee
                              • Apr 2019

No, that doesn’t suit me at all! I want a piece of paper I can annotate in green ink. I hate reading stuff on line. I want to go through RT when it arrives on a Tuesday, read about new programmes, drama etc. on telly and see the cast lists, see at a glance the details of R3 and R4 and so on. It’s specially useful here in Scotland as even the Guardian doesn’t give the variations in TV programmes and doesn’t list BBC Alba or the new BBC Scotland channel.
                              I rest my case.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                                • Dec 2010

No, that doesn’t suit me at all! I want a piece of paper I can annotate in green ink. I hate reading stuff on line. I want to go through RT when it arrives on a Tuesday, read about new programmes, drama etc. on telly and see the cast lists, see at a glance the details of R3 and R4 and so on. It’s specially useful here in Scotland as even the Guardian doesn’t give the variations in TV programmes and doesn’t list BBC Alba or the new BBC Scotland channel.
                                I rest my case.
                                I bet it's not one of those zip-up things on small wheels that people drag around behind them everywhere, with a pull-up handle!

Comment

Working...
                                X