Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gradus
    • Nov 2010

Too harsh I think. I find Mr Skelly an amusing companion who takes it all lightly and I don't object to the games although I don't participate. I suppose that it might all get irritating if I was listening in earnest but I'm not, mostly I overhear it from the kitchen radio and it catches the ear or doesn't according to mood or proximity, sometimes both.

Comment

• oddoneout
      • Nov 2015

the remaining listeners
      There may not be many remaining listeners in the sense of hardcore R3 afficionados(and they wouldn't admit it in any case), but there do seem to be quite a lot of 'other' listeners, who do presumably play some part in keeping R3 going in this modern dysfunctional anti-arts climate.
      And I suppose I had better repeat, yet again, that I don't think the morning schedule is good, but in the context of general life at present that is a smallish irritation.

Comment

• DracoM
        Host
        • Mar 2007

Comment

• zola
          • May 2011

War horses....I switched on a few minutes early for COTW yesterday and today. The music I encountered was Rodeo and La Valse respectively. Indicating just the tiniest lack of imagination in programming ? In a slightly masochistic vein, I am almost intrigued to discover what tomorrow might bring !

Comment

• BBMmk2
            Late Member
            • Nov 2010

Sorry guys, minewas chosen!
            Don’t cry for me
            I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• antongould
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
              Oh excellent bbm - I was out walking ..... it was what following what ...... ????

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by zola View Post
                War horses....I switched on a few minutes early for COTW yesterday and today. The music I encountered was Rodeo and La Valse respectively. Indicating just the tiniest lack of imagination in programming ? In a slightly masochistic vein, I am almost intrigued to discover what tomorrow might bring !
                Redeo more entertainment than for war!

Comment

• french frank
                  Administrator/Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
                  Sort of illustrates how few people suggest anything, ever, if yours are so regularly chosen, Bbm! Where would they be without you?
                  It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                    Sort of illustrates how few people suggest anything, ever, if yours are so regularly chosen, Bbm! Where would they be without you?
                    BBM the strike breaker!

Comment

• antongould
                      • Nov 2010

Oh tish Skellers says he is inundated every day ..... !!!!

Comment

• french frank
                        Administrator/Moderator
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                        BBM the strike breaker!

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                        Oh tish Skellers says he is inundated every day ..... !!!!
                        Inundated = ? Same handful of people … ? I can't be completely alone in disliking the very thought of having my name read out on a radio station
                        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• cloughie
                          • Dec 2011

Inundated = ? Same handful of people … ? I can't be completely alone in disliking the very thought of having my name read out on a radio station
                          You might be.......

Comment

• french frank
                            Administrator/Moderator
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                            You might be.......
                            No, I know one other forumista who sent in a question but then withdrew it when he heard the names of the questioners were to be read out. That's two of us.

Comment

• cloughie
                              • Dec 2011

No, I know one other forumista who sent in a question but then withdrew it when he heard the names of the questioners were to be read out. That's two of us.
                              Yes perhaps full name but would a pseudonym would be OK!?!

Comment

• LMcD
                                • Sep 2017

Not only am I quite happy to have my name read out on the radio, but I also enjoy exchanging emails with presenters. I wouldn't like them to think that nobody was listening!

Comment

Working...
                                X