X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bax-of-Delights
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
    Looked at their Facebook page (for the first time) but can't see anything more recent than a puff for Sean Blathery from four hours ago. Am I missing some trick?
    Hi Don - see my edited post above. It got removed within minutes of posting.
    O Wort, du Wort, das mir Fehlt!

Comment

• Don Petter

Originally posted by Bax-of-Delights View Post
      Ah! The Ministry of 'Truth' keeping a brotherly eye on things?

PS And thanks, Bax, for letting us know what the comment was. Innocuous enough indeed, and rather neat. (They probably didn't understand the reference anyway.)

Comment

• Anna

You will now find a comment on R3's Facebook page to which you may well append your views if you wish (before it gets removed).

Edit: too late - it got removed by R3 within minutes. Boy, are they touchy!
        (And it was fairly innocuous: "Playing one Bolero a week may be regarded as a misfortune. To play it twice looks like carelessness. ")
        So, R3 on Facebook are deliberarely deleting contentious posts? Just to make themselves look good and make it seem there is no criticism? No, surely not, but if that is the case then screen shots and evidence need to be gathered I think and submitted to somewhere?

Comment

• Frances_iom
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Anna View Post
          So, R3 on Facebook are deliberarely deleting contentious posts? Just to make themselves look good and make it seem there is no criticism?
          why the surprise - we have seen the same with the non-produced majority of supportive emails held by the controller (known as the Wright pile) , the closure of any other on-line communication mechanism - why should they be willing to accept any criticism whatsoever - rodger knows what is best for you (or rather the R2 masses he hopes to entice to an easy listening station)

Comment

• Panjandrum

B-o-D: it is still there. You have to be logged on and click on the "Everyone - Most recent link" at the top of the page; though my advice is that, for impact, post comments as an appendix to Radio 3's own posts, otherwise it doesn't show on the main page.

Comment

• amateur51

You will now find a comment on R3's Facebook page to which you may well append your views if you wish (before it gets removed).

(And it was fairly innocuous: "Playing one Bolero a week may be regarded as a misfortune. To play it twice looks like carelessness. ")
              This is very odd, BoD. If I knew how to, I'd suggest that tomorrow at Breakfast we should all send tweets to Petroc requesting Bolero en masse

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                Host
                • Nov 2010

As others have said, it is still there. To be fair to R3, I've added some pretty terse criticism in the past and it's never been removed.

You have to find the word 'everyone' and click to reveal comments by all and sundry as opposed to the 'official' R3 puffery.
                "...the isle is full of noises,
                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Suffolkcoastal
                  • Nov 2010

The R3 moderator has become incredibly tetchy lately, anything that seems to be remotely critical of the perfect programming of the Dear Leader and his politburo and propaganda spokespeople is either rebuked or removed. I expect it wont be too long before the facebook page is pulled altogether.

Comment

• cloughie
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                    This is very odd, BoD. If I knew how to, I'd suggest that tomorrow at Breakfast we should all send tweets to Petroc requesting Bolero en masse
                    Don't even think it - he'd play it continuously thinking there was an insatiable demand fior it.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                      Host
                      • Nov 2010

My schedule last week meant I caught quite a few of the 10:30am 'celeb chats'. Prof. Steve Jones the geneticist came over to me as a most unappealing, dour man - I pitied Rob struggling to get anything out of him. Also, Rob seemed to be having to suggest the music to him... except one day, when Jones chose the end of Siegfried... the next day the Siegfried Idyll.

Unimpressive.

In contrast, today, ex-Communard Richard Coles was a delight.

Musical Rev. -v- Humanist Prof: 1-nil so far

Comment

• antongould
                        • Nov 2010

Very much agree young sir..........

Comment

• french frank
                          Administrator/Moderator
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                          Unimpressive.

In contrast, today, ex-Communard Richard Coles was a delight.

Musical Rev. -v- Humanist Prof: 1-nil so far
                          [/COLOR]
                          If the feature is there at all, that's what you have to put up with. Just a matter of luck whether the delights outnumber the unimpressives.
                          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                            Host
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                            If the feature is there at all, that's what you have to put up with. Just a matter of luck whether the delights outnumber the unimpressives.
                            Completely agree. A guest as good as Coles reconciles one to the idea... the whole Haydn quartet was a treat. And then the fatuous or irrelevant guests other weeks spoil it. What is one to do?

Comment

• french frank
                              Administrator/Moderator
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                              What is one to do?
                              Put Coles and his like on Private Passions. Or Saturday Classics ...
                              It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                                Host
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                                Put Coles and his like on Private Passions. Or Saturday Classics ...

Comment

Working...
                                X