X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ahinton
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
    Curiously, the very programme makes me want to get on a bicycle and pedal up a steep hill in order to get as far away from the the radio as possible.
    Not one of the Clemency Burton- variety, I trust?

Comment

• ahinton
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
      Hey diddle diddle would be more apt.
      Or Shepherd's Hey. Or Hey Jude. Or even Hey on Why. It would be good to witness this particular Hey wane, though...

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
        Not one of the Clemency Burton- variety, I trust?

Comment

• un barbu
          • Jun 2017

The General's Daughter and the Squire now followed by a musical version of Andy Pandy. Nevermore as far as R3 in daytime is concerned.
          Barbatus sed non barbarus

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
            Gone fishin'
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
            +1
            [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Pulcinella
              Host
              • Feb 2014

Originally posted by un barbu View Post
              The General's Daughter and the Squire now followed by a musical version of Andy Pandy. Nevermore as far as R3 in daytime is concerned.
              Just tuned to R3 for the first time in a while (since the BaL on DSCH 11, I think) just to see if the evening concert appealed.

I now feel a bit of a fraud contributing to this forum, as I no longer think of myself as a Radio 3 listener: a Radio 3 avoider, more like.
              Perhaps I should become an Absent Friend, or do we need a new category of Occasional Visitor, a role I can adopt if I get the urge to make a contribution in future?

Comment

• DracoM
                Host
                • Mar 2007

Yes, Hey Jude, more likely, as in the Patron Saint of Lost Causes Jude where 'Clemmie' is concerned IMO. Could she be replaced by an Amazon-robot making sure that every other 'track' she gives us her name, the platform, the programme, the ways you can replay it?

It's coming, by jiminy cricket, it's coming.......

Comment

• ahinton
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                  Yes, Hey Jude, more likely, as in the Patron Saint of Lost Causes Jude where 'Clemmie' is concerned IMO. Could she be replaced by an Amazon-robot making sure that every other 'track' she gives us her name, the platform, the programme, the ways you can replay it?

It's coming, by jiminy cricket, it's coming.......
                  God (if She exists) forbid (if She will)...

Comment

• french frank
                    Administrator/Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                    I now feel a bit of a fraud contributing to this forum, as I no longer think of myself as a Radio 3 listener: a Radio 3 avoider, more like.
                    Perhaps I should become an Absent Friend, or do we need a new category of Occasional Visitor, a role I can adopt if I get the urge to make a contribution in future?
                    That would be sad. I haven't been a Radio 3 listener since the programmes I used to enjoy were dropped or changed beyond recognition. Listening now makes me feel like an eavesdropper on other people's conversation.
                    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                      Gone fishin'
                      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                      That would be sad..
                      It would indeed. If everybody stopped contributing posts here on the grounds that they didn't listen to R3, the Forum community would get considerably smaller! I think (judging by the majority of posts) few of us listen to huge swathes of R3 content, and tune in instead to our favourite programmes - or (as in my case) rarely "Tune in" at all, but select from i-Player "listings".

As I see it, R3 content (and malcontent) should be the basis of the majority of topics started here, but there's no reason why ideas raised in Threads cannot inspire contributions from Forumistas who haven't heard the programmes that sparked off the Threads. And there are several regular Threads totally disconnected with R3 - it's a Forum for discussion of topics that were and either still are or still should be featured on R3, and therefore of interest to listeners to an idealised concept of R3.
                      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Pulcinella
                        Host
                        • Feb 2014

That would be sad. I haven't been a Radio 3 listener since the programmes I used to enjoy were dropped or changed beyond recognition. Listening now makes me feel like an eavesdropper on other people's conversation.
                        Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                        It would indeed. If everybody stopped contributing posts here on the grounds that they didn't listen to R3, the Forum community would get considerably smaller! I think (judging by the majority of posts) few of us listen to huge swathes of R3 content, and tune in instead to our favourite programmes - or (as in my case) rarely "Tune in" at all, but select from i-Player "listings".

As I see it, R3 content (and malcontent) should be the basis of the majority of topics started here, but there's no reason why ideas raised in Threads cannot inspire contributions from Forumistas who haven't heard the programmes that sparked off the Threads. And there are several regular Threads totally disconnected with R3 - it's a Forum for discussion of topics that were and either still are or still should be featured on R3, and therefore of interest to listeners to an idealised concept of R3.
                        True. And thanks for the sentiment.
                        I shall continue to dabble, but it is more likely to be as the occasional (so less frequent) visitor.
                        And of course you are right, ferney; there are plenty of threads that still appeal and are of no direct R3 connection anyway: ts's beautiful beaches, bargains, musical questions and answers, alphabet associations, and even the round ball game (to make sure that Wolves are correctly credited!). And what would life be like if I didn't know the latest IT trauma that Dave2002 has found himself in?
                        Last edited by Pulcinella; 25-11-17, 07:33. Reason: :biggin: changed to :biggrin:

Comment

• antongould
                          • Nov 2010

I shall continue to dabble, but it is more likely to be as the occasional (so less frequent) visitor.
                          And of course you are right, ferney; there are plenty of threads that still appeal and are of no direct R3 connection anyway: ts's beautiful beaches, bargains, musical questions and answers, alphabet associations, and even the round ball game (to make sure that Wolves are correctly credited!). And what would life be like if I didn't know the latest IT trauma that Dave2002 has found himself in?

Pleased to see you will stay amongst us ..... I think, as always, ff and ferney have said it all and said it right .... not often in this life "management" does that ....

Comment

• cloughie
                            • Dec 2011

Thank you. So James McCartney, the son of Paul McCartney has penned an 'Essential Classic'. I don't go in for knee-jerk reactions, so I'm thinking about this one. Quite seriously.
                            I wonder if he's a non-reader like his Dad.

Comment

• DracoM
                              Host
                              • Mar 2007

Comment

• french frank
                                Administrator/Moderator
                                • Feb 2007

I shall continue to dabble, but it is more likely to be as the occasional (so less frequent) visitor.… what would life be like if I didn't know the latest IT trauma that Dave2002 has found himself in?
                                Last edited by Pulcinella; Today at 06:33. Reason: :biggin: changed to
                                I think the big gin might help lift the gloom Here, have one on me :-)

It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
                                X