• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by french frank View Post
    On the grounds that Bach composed several Passions himself?
    As regards the section in parentheses, certainly. As to my opening comment, as good as any of the tentative connections cited.

Comment

• LMcD
      • Sep 2017

I suggested that, out of respect for the music and its message, they play John Cage''s 4'33''.

Comment

• Paulie55
        • Jan 2012

Then don't tune in to it. I've never listened since they first outlined what the programme would be. Watching how it's developed hasn't tempted me to listen other than to the odd segment - admittedly to confirm my already fixed prejudices. But reading what hardier souls report is enough to keep me away.

What is more concerning than how "I can't stand this drivel" is that this programme attracts probably Radio 3's biggest audience, probably of droppers-in and droppers-out or casual background listeners. In that sense it has achieved its aim, shameful though that aim was in the first place.
        I didn't ask for your facetious reply. You don't know me from Adam so lose the "holier than thou" attitude please.

Comment

• underthecountertenor
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Paulie55 View Post
          I didn't ask for your facetious reply. You don't know me from Adam so lose the "holier than thou" attitude please.
          I can't see that ff's reply was in the least bit facetious.

Comment

• oddoneout
            • Nov 2015

At this rate it can't be long before we get to a new series of 'carefully curated playlists taken from your suggestions for follow-on pieces'. Further down the line perhaps a computer generated playlist, with inserted twitwaffle sections patched together from whatever tweemails have landed the previous day by whoever happens to be around at the time.
            On a more constructive note perhaps, extend TTN to 7am, have R3Lite until 10am with all the chunks(sanguineous or otherwise), waffle, etc, then progress to R3 intermediate for those who might wish to follow-up their forays into the world of so-called classical music with whole - shock horror - pieces or, even more shocking, something resembling a themed/intelligently constructed programme, to lead into R3 advanced at midday.

Comment

• Paulie55
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by underthecountertenor View Post
              ....and i didn't ask for your response either!

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                Gone fishin'
                • Sep 2011

....and i didn't ask for your response either!
                You have no idea what you're asking for - if you do not wish for responses to your comments, don't post.
                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• french frank
                  Administrator/Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

Blimey!
                  It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• french frank
                    Administrator/Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by underthecountertenor View Post
                    Thanks I know the debased Radio 3 gets under people's skin, but …
                    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• underthecountertenor
                      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                      You have no idea what you're asking for - if you do not wish for responses to your comments, don't post.

Comment

• underthecountertenor
                        • Apr 2011

Thanks I know the debased Radio 3 gets under people's skin, but …

Comment

• DracoM
                          Host
                          • Mar 2007

Comment

• french frank
                            Administrator/Moderator
                            • Feb 2007

What is the connection between Captain Pouch, Clair de Lune (and Jacqueline Wilson, children's author)?

Is someone planning a revolt?

Comment

• oddoneout
                              • Nov 2015

What is the connection between Captain Pouch, Clair de Lune (and Jacqueline Wilson, children's author)?

Is someone planning a revolt?
                              Dunno, but Captain Pouch Clair de Lune(comma absent on the webpage) conjures up a picture of a large fluffy rather spoiled cat...

Comment

• french frank
                                Administrator/Moderator
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
                                Dunno, but Captain Pouch Clair de Lune(comma absent on the webpage)
                                Yes, I speculatively added the comma, though having vaguely wondered whether the Captain Pouch Clair de Lune was a special version.

Comment

Working...
                                X