• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ein Heldenleben
    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
    Who is "Don"?
    He is the producer who puts the Imperfect Harmony sequences together - no mean feat as presumably with subtly variant tuning each piece will require tweaking to get it in exactly the same key.

Comment

• Ein Heldenleben
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Cherrytree View Post
      Hello. This is my first post. We enjoy Essential Classics and unfashionably, loved the Brainteaser. However with the arrival of Suzy Klein it seems to be no more. I can cope with change, but I'm not stupid and would appreciate an explanation or even an announcement that it has disappeared. I had noticed! As for all that bit about listeners suggestions..
      As a fellow quiz enthusiast you are most welcome. An enquiring mind never goes out of fashion.....

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
        Gone fishin'
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Heldenleben View Post
        He is the producer who puts the Imperfect Harmony sequences together
        Thank you.
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Bryn
          Banned
          • Mar 2007

Oh dear. What a horrible clone of a sampler CD we got this morning. This, for me, is the pits.

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
            Thank you.
            Does he have a surname?

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
              Host
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by underthecountertenor View Post
              when SK said that two listeners had suggested the Adagio from Spartacus because of its associations with the sea I found myself shouting 'no, it's all about an escape from a Roman orgy, not the Onedin bloody Line' at the radio.
              "...the isle is full of noises,
              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• LMcD
                • Sep 2017

Essential Classics

I see that the DFNLTA (Department For Not Leaving Things Alone) has turned its attention to Essential Classics. I shall miss the 10 o'clock chats and the Musical Challenge. And I shall certainly miss Sarah Walker....

Comment

• antongould
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
                  I see that the DFNLTA (Department For Not Leaving Things Alone) has turned its attention to Essential Classics. I shall miss the 10 o'clock chats and the Musical Challenge. And I shall certainly miss Sarah Walker....
                  I hope you are not looking for 100% support in this ........

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                    Host
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                    I hope you are not looking for 100% support in this ........
                    A change was desperately needed. A move away from silly party games and self-congratulation, texts, tweets and e-mails would be a good way forward.

Comment

• LMcD
                      • Sep 2017

Merely hoping to encourage a discussion. I always thought the idea of starting off with shorter pieces, an interview with somebody of interest and a bit of 'listener interaction' followed by longer, sometimes more challenging, pieces was basically sound.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                        Host
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
                        Merely hoping to encourage a discussion. I always thought the idea of starting off with shorter pieces, an interview with somebody of interest and a bit of 'listener interaction' followed by longer, sometimes more challenging, pieces was basically sound.
                        Hello and welcome. Actually, there's already a discussion about it here: http://www.for3.org/forums/showthrea...272#post638272

I think it might be best to join up the two, to provide a consistent single thread on the subject?
                        "...the isle is full of noises,
                        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• cloughie
                          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                          Hello and welcome. Actually, there's already a discussion about it here: http://www.for3.org/forums/showthrea...272#post638272

I think it might be best to join up the two, to provide a consistent single thread on the subject?
                          Perhaps it would be a good idea to just call it Essential Classics - rather than the other rather condescending title!
                          Last edited by cloughie; 12-09-17, 10:07.

Comment

• Sir Velo
                            • Oct 2012

I certainly won't miss the "celeb" chats - no more than a desperate PR exercise by agents. Few if any of the guests showed more than a passing interest or knowledge of classical music and the off button was frequently grasped for amid mutterings and cursings in this household!

The quizzes, which range from the mindless to the humdrum, have no place on a serious music channel and should definitely be consigned to landfill rather than the recycling bin. So why am I not happy about the end of Essential Classics? The fear, that what is to come, will be if anything even worse.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                              Host
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                              Perhaps it would be a good idea to just call it Essential Classics - rather than the other rather condescending title!
                              It certainly shouldn't be in the "Welcome" forum.

Comment

• Bryn
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                                A change was desperately needed. A move away from silly party games and self-congratulation, texts, tweets and e-mails would be a good way forward.
                                Ah, so you like the near ubiquity of bleeding chunks, eh?

Comment

Working...
                                X