Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bax-of-Delights
    • Nov 2010

Lying in today, feeling a little rough, and I have EC on in the background. Ms Walker has just wheeled out THE LARK ASCENDING and followed by the "quiz". If there is anyone out there who doesn't know the theme tune to The Onedin Line I'd be very surprised.
    I hadn't listened to EC for some weeks. Sad to hear it hasn't improved one jot.
    O Wort, du Wort, das mir Fehlt!

Comment

• french frank
      Administrator/Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Bax-of-Delights View Post
      Lying in today, feeling a little rough, and I have EC on in the background. Ms Walker has just wheeled out THE LARK ASCENDING and followed by the "quiz". If there is anyone out there who doesn't know the theme tune to The Onedin Line I'd be very surprised.
      I hadn't listened to EC for some weeks. Sad to hear it hasn't improved one jot.
      Since it appears that, as at week beginning 21st March, the programme is still being produced by Somethin' Else, I don't see much scope for drastic changes until their contract ends - whenever that is.
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
        Since it appears that, as at week beginning 21st March, the programme is still being produced by Somethin' Else, I don't see much scope for drastic changes until their contract ends - whenever that is.
        Er. . . how do we arrange bankruptcy?

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
          Host
          • Nov 2010

Although today's "guest" was interesting, I wonder why they don't just rename the programme "Desert Island Discs".

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
            Gone fishin'
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
            Although today's "guest" was interesting, I wonder why they don't just rename the programme "Desert Island Discs".
            I think that Kirtsy Young would be outraged - she's a much better interviewer than either of the "Essential" presenters.
            [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
              I think that Kirtsy Young would be outraged - she's a much better interviewer than either of the "Essential" presenters.
              Just what I was going to say. Interviewing simply isn't in either RC's or SW's skills sets. Listening to KY pick up on things the guest says, and ask questions that aren't in the script, you begin to realise the difference. Plus a warm and empathetic intelligence behind the questions. Not to criticise either EC presenter, their talents lie elsewhere.

Comment

• french frank
                Administrator/Moderator
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                Er. . . how do we arrange bankruptcy?
                They seem to have just lost Jazz on 3 so …
                It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• ahinton
                  • Nov 2010

Kirsty, methinks! - but your point is indeed well made. Yes, it would be interesting, though, were she to do something on R3; I think that, of the four regular presenters that DID has so far had, she fits the bill the best (and she's Scawttish, too, of course!). I recall that, when David Dimbleby was on DID, his chosen luxury was to be Kirsty herself but she wasn't having any; I must admit that I thought it quite insulting on DD's part - KY is surely an essential, not a mere luxury!

Maybe R3 should launch a series in which the delectable Kirsty interviews R3 presenters...

Comment

• Sir Velo
                    • Oct 2012

Kirtsy Young

She does tend to fawn a bit eh?

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                      Gone fishin'
                      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Sir Velo View Post

- I bow to your and ahinton's corrections!
                      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Sir Velo View Post

Perhaps her programme should be moved to afternoons then - 'L'Apres-Midi d'un Fawn'.

Comment

• ahinton
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                          Perhaps her programme should be moved to afternoons then - 'L'Apres-Midi d'un Fawn'.
                          ...or later in the evening, as in When the Night is Young...

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
                            ...or later in the evening, as in When the Night is Young...
                            Courtesy Kirsty!

Comment

• ahinton
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                              Courtesy Kirsty!
                              Well, that's quite a few suggestions for our much admired Scottish presenter; now who's going to dash off an email to hello@krugercowne.com to suggest them?

Comment

• french frank
                                Administrator/Moderator
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                                So are we say Jonathan Swain and James Jolly share Sunday Mornings and RC does something (as yet undefined?) on Saturdays?
                                Rob is taking the Sat Classics slot - not yet clear whether that's every week, or just for a few weeks soon, or alternating with others …

Comment

Working...
                                X