The New Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul Sherratt

>>Btw: what other questions do you think guests should be asked?

" Does a responsible adult know you're here ? "

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
      >>Btw: what other questions do you think guests should be asked?

" Does a responsible adult know you're here ? "

And, "Do you have security protection systems for children in place on your DAB radio?"

Comment

• Anna

I didn't hear Essential Classics from the beginning, I just caught the second half of the Marcus du Sautoy segment (he seems a bit up himself and I would like to know why Hallow'een is his favourite festival, that seemed odd to me, since when is it a recognised festival?) but his trumpet piece was played in full and I don't mind listening to the Tchaik 4 so perhaps it's not such a bad programme? Of course I missed any phone-ins or chat at the beginning, was there a lot of that?

Comment

• kernelbogey
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by VodkaDilc View Post
          "Here's twenty thousand Cornish men
          Will know the reason why."[....]
          The missing Chorus:

And shall Trelawney live?
          Or shall Trelawney die?
          Here's twenty thousand Cornish men
          Will know the reason why.

In fairness, I don't actually bear Petroc any ill-will, and he has improved his presentation skills over the years. But he does ask some very naive questions in interviews (betraying his lack of musical knowledge) and I wish he'd brush up his German pronunciation, which seems to me an essential skill for a presenter of classical music. Oh and not use his voice so dramatically. And learn what a full stop in a script implies.

Hence my switching off.

Comment

• french frank
            Administrator/Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Anna View Post
            I didn't hear Essential Classics from the beginning, I just caught the second half of the Marcus du Sautoy segment (he seems a bit up himself and I would like to know why Hallow'een is his favourite festival
            The bad news is that next week we have a celebrity TV gardener as special guest.

The good news is that is isn't ...........
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• mangerton
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
              The bad news is that next week we have a celebrity TV gardener as special guest.

The good news is that is isn't ...........
              Percy Thrower?

Comment

• barber olly

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
                The missing Chorus:

And shall Trelawney live?
                Or shall Trelawney die?
                Here's twenty thousand Cornish men
                Will know the reason why.

In fairness, I don't actually bear Petroc any ill-will, and he has improved his presentation skills over the years. But he does ask some very naive questions in interviews (betraying his lack of musical knowledge) and I wish he'd brush up his German pronunciation, which seems to me an essential skill for a presenter of classical music. Oh and not use his voice so dramatically. And learn what a full stop in a script implies.

Hence my switching off.
                You mean that now he's come to London Wall he's not a pleasant sound to hear?

Comment

• kernelbogey
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by barber olly View Post
                  You mean that now he's come to London Wall he's not a pleasant sound to hear?
                  'ere I see you'm from Praze-an-Beeble, where there used to be an 'andsome pasty shop, m'dear.

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Originally posted by mangerton View Post
                    Percy Thrower?
                    Alan Titchmarsh?

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
                      Alan Titchmarsh?
                      It's Rachel de Thame, ex-model turned coffee table book gardener who flits about doing commentary at Chelsea, and the Daily Mail loves to do articles about her wardrobe. Always wears gloves when gardening in case she chips her nail varnish. Give me Bob Flowerdew any day!

Comment

• barber olly

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
                        'ere I see you'm from Praze-an-Beeble, where there used to be an 'andsome pasty shop, m'dear.
                        There's one there now but I suspect the one you mean, is regrettably long gone, but we still have a thriving village shop, a pub, a post office and the oldest one day show in the County (est 1808).

Comment

• kernelbogey
                          • Nov 2010

My brother had a friend whose family ran the pasty shop of revered memory - this is circa 1962! - and had a supply sent up to Oxford to be sold at some charity event. Glad to know that the village thrives in these days of supermarkets and vanishing bus services.
                          BW, kb

Comment

• vinteuil
                            • Nov 2010

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                              It's Rachel de Thame, ex-model turned coffee table book gardener who flits about doing commentary at Chelsea, and the Daily Mail loves to do articles about her wardrobe. Always wears gloves when gardening in case she chips her nail varnish. Give me Bob Flowerdew any day!
                              Anne Swithinbank for me.

Comment

• gingerkinter

Bring back The Third Programme.

Less talk, more music and definitely no phone in chatter please.

Comment

Working...
                                X