The New Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • barber olly

Twice this week thanks to Rachel's choices we have resorted to the dreaded bleeding movement from a work. Rach PC2 (it was inevitable this would turn up - but so soon! and VW3 - in a three hour programme as the parting item from a guest whty oh why could we not have the whole work?

Comment

• Suffolkcoastal
      • Nov 2010

There is another big 'cock-up' on the Essential Classics playlist from yesterday, apparently J Strauss II composed Ein Heldenleben!!! For Heaven's sake Roger just do one thing right and sack the staff who put the webpages together NOW!!! Then get some people in who actually know something about Classical music, as the webpages are a laughing stock.

Comment

• kernelbogey
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by barber olly View Post
        [....]Ditch the guest, give us a 10.30 30 min work and give us a complete with timing pre Schedule. Sarah and rob OK!

Comment

• french frank
          Administrator/Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Are you sure it's not the Brainteaser, Sc? Email in with the answer and you might win some CDs.

(Tell them it was J. Strauss I and see what happens.)
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

I had to do some driving last week so found myself listening to the some of the new 10.00 programme in the car. Proof for me that R3 has finally taken leave of its senses. It was like having Desert Island Discs [it was hardly up to the intellectual level of Private Passions] with the same person every day for 5 days. We had our noses rubbed in Ms de Thame's impossibly perfect and successful life (she's a Renaissance person, she helpfully pointed out at one stage in case we hadn't noticed), egged on by the gushing, admiring, over-eager tones of Sarah Walker.

After this week's girlish chat, next week offers blokey banter between Rob and Rick Stein. That might at least be interesting for their opposing styles in pronouncing anything foreign. Rob mangles all foreign words and names into a single, one-size-fits-all foreign accent. Rick (I was reminded in his recent cookery series from Spain) sticks to irredeemably English vowels and consonants, and pronounces things phonetically as if they were in English. Of the two I have to say I find Rick's approach the more relaxing and wish Rob wouldn't try so hard....

But I won't be listening.

Comment

• David Samuels

As far as I can see, Cavatina, "if you would not when you should, you shall not when you will" (as the song says) is the perfect analogy here; i.e. we have the choice: to put up or to shut up.

Comment

• mercia
                • Nov 2010

good heavens, Mr Cowan is playing "Isoldina" again on his Sunday programme now. He loves this thing. Mind you so do I.

Comment

• Black Swan

I've not officially signed the pledge to not listen to:
                  1. Sunday Morning
                  2. Any review programs hosted/commentated

By Rob Cowan. Today, he played an awful Uri Kane rendition of Mahler's first and had the audacity to say he was playing it in advance of Jewish New Year. Enough is enough.

John

Comment

• gurnemanz
                    • Nov 2010

I tuned in expecting to find the excellent Words and Music, forgetting that it has been moved to an early evening slot on Sunday, when I never listen to Radio 3. This apparently random schedule change does not suit me at all.

Comment

• DracoM
                      Host
                      • Mar 2007

I caught that too - crikey, he's got a nerve!
                      What has happened to Rob Cowan? He is clearly the CFM Suchet of R3, and rapidly sliding into that same slough of mush.
                      He seems to have totally thrown in his lot with the zeitgeisty thing that is the all bells and whistle accessible and such fun R3.

Would anyone have predicted that?

Comment

• Panjandrum

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                        Would anyone have predicted that?
                        You obviously haven't read my posts: I've been saying that for the last 12 months.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Panjandrum View Post
                          You obviously haven't read my posts: I've been saying that for the last 12 months.
                          Ever since you went on that 'Personal Effectiveness' training course that cavatina recommended to you, innit Panjan

You've still got the receipt, I hope

Comment

Working...
                          X