Tearjerker, Downtown Symphony, Piano Flow, Happy Harmonies and other Saturday padding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by AuntDaisy View Post
    Here's what we missed from today's TTN:

????
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• AuntDaisy
      Host
      • Jun 2018

Originally posted by french frank View Post
      Here's what we missed from today's TTN:
      ????
      Nothing was missing Thought I'd better have a (short-lived) celebration.

Comment

• oddoneout
        • Nov 2015

I had to apply a bit of brainpower to that as well, took a while as the brain was not quite on the same page as the body to begin with this morning.

Comment

• french frank
          Administrator/Moderator
          • Feb 2007

I did wonder I didn't check the dates.
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• AuntDaisy
            Host
            • Jun 2018

Another "BBC Radio 3" Twitter post caught my and raised my hopes - if only it was forever and there was no successor...
            (Very tempted to change "duet" to "diet")

Comment

• oddoneout
              • Nov 2015

Another "BBC Radio 3" Twitter post caught my and raised my hopes - if only it was forever and there was no successor...
              (Very tempted to change "duet" to "diet")

We can dream...

Comment

• french frank
                Administrator/Moderator
                • Feb 2007

So who is taking over from Laufey?

Comment

• oddoneout
                  • Nov 2015

Are we really interested? I'm working on best case scenario being that there isn't increased erosion of TTN rather than having something worthwhile since since that so evidently won't be an option.

Comment

• AuntDaisy
                    Host
                    • Jun 2018

Alan Davey in a lavish wig?

I think oddoneout is probably right - I won't have heard of whoever it is.

Comment

• AuntDaisy
                      Host
                      • Jun 2018

Another BBC Radio 3 tweet - are these weasel words for incomplete / chopped / shortened / truncated? Why not just say 6 hours! (And, yes, I am paranoid about TTN being cut long-term.)

Pedants corner: occasional 7 hour programmes.

Comment

• french frank
                        Administrator/Moderator
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
                        Are we really interested? I'm working on best case scenario being that there isn't increased erosion of TTN rather than having something worthwhile since since that so evidently won't be an option.
                        My point was whether 'the last episode of Happy Harmonies with @Laufey meant 'the last episode of Happy Harmonies', or just the last one with Laufey and we then move on to Happy Harmonies with another musical infant prodigy.

Comment

• AuntDaisy
                          Host
                          • Jun 2018

My point was whether 'the last episode of Happy Harmonies with @Laufey meant 'the last episode of Happy Harmonies', or just the last one with Laufey and we then move on to Happy Harmonies with another musical infant prodigy.
                          Nothing new on the BBC Media Centre webpages for "mood-music" "happy harmonies"...

Comment

• oddoneout
                            • Nov 2015

Whatever else it might or might not mean I think we can safely say that the chances of some version of dumbtime are significantly higher than going back to the full TTN offer.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                              Host
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
                              Whatever else it might or might not mean I think we can safely say that the chances of some version of dumbtime are significantly higher than going back to the full TTN offer.
                              Well tonight & in a week’s time, TTN runs through from 1 - 7am.

Fingers crossed the slack-brained experiment has been quietly junked.
                              "...the isle is full of noises,
                              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• oddoneout
                                • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Nick Armstrong View Post
                                Well tonight & in a week’s time, TTN runs through from 1 - 7am.

Fingers crossed the slack-brained experiment has been quietly junked.
                                We can hope but I suspect they'll try again. The mess they're making of Afternoon Concert suggests the wrecking mode is still switched on at HQ.

Comment

Working...
                                X