Tearjerker, Downtown Symphony, Piano Flow, Happy Harmonies and other Saturday padding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Heldenleben View Post
    It strikes me as a considerable achievement to construct an hour of “soothing “:music which seems to get people who like music wound up.
    (that comment makes me feel better and I haven't even braved it yet)
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• kernelbogey
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
      No such problems here.
      Yes, slow: with Firefox...

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
        I, too, am using Firefox, but with fast responses on this and other sites.

Comment

• Ein Heldenleben
          • Apr 2014

No problems here on iPad/safari . In a completed unrelated phenomenon I’ve rarely had such good signal strength on R3 Fm as I’ve got this morning.

Comment

• kernelbogey
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Heldenleben View Post
            It strikes me as a considerable achievement to construct an hour of “soothing “:music which seems to get people who like music wound up.

Comment

• cloughie
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Frances_iom View Post
              complete misunderstanding of the intended audience - like muzak in lifts, shop etc + whilst you wait for a phone to be answered, it is purely distraction material - not intended to be listened to as such but merely to waste enough part of the brain's processing capacity that you don't think how bl*dy stupid is the current occupation - quite why the BBC is into this I suspect is a matter for the accountants - dirt cheap time wasting

ETA why is the site so slow this morning ?
              ...and to p*** off the older and more discerning listeners.

Comment

• Cockney Sparrow
                • Jan 2014

No speed problems here.

I waited 30 minutes on a government helpline the other day, and gave up after 30 minutes*. Its having to keep some attention on the dreadful music and repetitive messages that make it a total waste of time and so annoying. I should record my own message and play it on a loop into the phone, having put it on speakerphone - "This phone call is really important to me. If I have waited more than 5 minutes, I may be in a trance state so please SPEAK LOUDLY and say "THIS IS NOT A RECORDING - HOW CAN I HELP YOU" and I hope I will realise the call has been answered"

* To be fair, I called bang on 9am next day and got through in a minute or two.....

Comment

• french frank
                  Administrator/Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

Yes, I'm finding it sluggish - have done for a day or two. I'll try Safari.
                  It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Bryn
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                    Yes, I'm finding it sluggish - have done for a day or two. I'll try Safari.
                    More likely your ISP, I would have thought, given that others here are finding no such problems via Firefox.

Comment

• french frank
                      Administrator/Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                      More likely your ISP, I would have thought, given that others here are finding no such problems via Firefox.
                      And frances_iom and kernelbogey? Are we all with btinternet?

Comment

• kernelbogey
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                        And frances_iom and kernelbogey? Are we all with btinternet?
                        Yes, I'm with BT. I've had a couple of outages with them, too, since the beginning of the year, of a few hours each - after a long period without any.

Comment

• Bryn
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2007

Yes, I'm with BT. I've had a couple of outages with them, too, since the beginning of the year, of a few hours each - after a long period without any.
                          Other ISPs with a poor record of outages are available, Virgin Media, for instance.

Comment

• french frank
                            Administrator/Moderator
                            • Feb 2007

Everything's up and running on the Futurequest servers, so it's not the forum software <sighofrelief>

Comment

• Frances_iom
                              • Mar 2007

yes currently + for foreseeable future stuck in UK and also with BT - seems somewhat better now but very slow abt 9am

Comment

• french frank
                                Administrator/Moderator
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Frances_iom View Post
                                yes currently + for foreseeable future stuck in UK and also with BT - seems somewhat better now but very slow abt 9am
                                Same here - seems to have cleared.

Comment

Working...
                                X