X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paulie55
    • Jan 2012

Classic Clones

Has anyone noticed that Radio 3 is playing the exact same works as Classic FM at times? Today, we heard Haydn's Trumpet Concerto(Finale) and Stravinsky's Firebird(Finale). We've also heard Khachaturian's "Adagio" from Spartacus and Saint-Saens Organ Symphony(yes, you guessed it....Finale). I must say this is great imaginative planning by the powers-that-be. Of course I'm being sarcastic! Oh and Albeniz"Granada" has just begun.........guitar version naturally. Keep it up Radio 3, you might even top Radio 2 when it comes to losing listeners.
  • LMcD
    • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Paulie55 View Post
    Has anyone noticed that Radio 3 is playing the exact same works as Classic FM at times? Today, we heard Haydn's Trumpet Concerto(Finale) and Stravinsky's Firebird(Finale). We've also heard Khachaturian's "Adagio" from Spartacus and Saint-Saens Organ Symphony(yes, you guessed it....Finale). I must say this is great imaginative planning by the powers-that-be. Of course I'm being sarcastic! Oh and Albeniz"Granada" has just begun.........guitar version naturally. Keep it up Radio 3, you might even top Radio 2 when it comes to losing listeners.
    I've mentioned elsewhere what appears to be a significant increase during '3Breakfast' in recent weeks of what I would call lollipops or pot-boilers.

Comment

• oddoneout
      • Nov 2015

It has seemed rather 'ho-hum' recently, and I've found myself thinking more frequently than I would like 'oh not that again'

This perhaps should go into the Breakfast thread?

Comment

Working...
      X