X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paulie55
    • Jan 2012

Scott Walker on Breakfast

Perhaps they should have played one of his experimental works to commemorate his passing but I wonder why The Prodigy's "Smack My Bitch Up" or "Firestarter" didn't feature when Keith Flint took his own life? Priorities at being the "coolest cat" perhaps?
  • Conchis
    Banned
    • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Paulie55 View Post
    Perhaps they should have played one of his experimental works to commemorate his passing but I wonder why The Prodigy's "Smack My Bitch Up" or "Firestarter" didn't feature when Keith Flint took his own life? Priorities at being the "coolest cat" perhaps?
    What did they play?

Comment

• french frank
      Administrator/Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Conchis View Post
      What did they play?
      According to the playlist: 'Boy Child' from No Regrets.
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Paulie55
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by french frank View Post
        The tribute would have been better suited to Radio 2.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
          Host
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Paulie55 View Post
          The tribute would have been better suited to Radio 2.
          Of course it would, but you know how the pathetic R3 philosophy works: “I desperately need to be liked and to be thought cool.”

Comment

• muzzer
            • Nov 2013

Yes they should have played something from the later, experimental work, so as to make a connection with modern classical/orchestral music. Yes he was ‘cool’, but that was mostly because he foreswore his popster career for the experimental stuff, else he’d just be another 60s heritage act. And The Prodigy mean nothing to me, ah Vienna.

Comment

• Paulie55
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by muzzer View Post
              Yes they should have played something from the later, experimental work, so as to make a connection with modern classical/orchestral music. Yes he was ‘cool’, but that was mostly because he foreswore his popster career for the experimental stuff, else he’d just be another 60s heritage act. And The Prodigy mean nothing to me, ah Vienna.
              Nor to me............I was being facetious!

Comment

• Old Grumpy
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                Of course it would, but you know how the pathetic R3 philosophy works: “I desperately need to be liked and to be thought cool.”
                Not much hope for me then - I'm not even cool enough to heave heard of Scott Walker - until now that is!

OG

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

A pity they didnt play some of his more recent music on Breakfast while he was still with us.
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Conchis
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2014

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                    Actually, that's a pretty good and representative choice, as it straddles the realms of pop and jazz quite comfortably with one pedal extremity in each.

It's always reminded me of Siegfried. As one of Arthur Rakham's Ring illustrations is featured on the cover (of Scott 4), maybe that was in Scott's mind, too.

Comment

Working...
                    X