X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Slater
    • Mar 2007

On-demand Playlist Generator

I've written an experimental on-demand playlist generator, resident on my listings site. It provides a playlist with timings for recent programmes for use in conjunction with the iPlayer. (The BBC playlists no longer include timings.) For programmes in the previous week, the playlists are available via the 'playlists' tab on my R3 listings page.

The playlist generator is currently in the experimental stage. It's a bit basic and only accessible by password. If anybody would like to try it please PM me for the password.
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

I've had a go - and it works to identify the timing of each piece to the nearest minute.

I had an email from R3 last week, and when the weekend is over I intend to reply and ask whether they are aware that the track markers and timings have been removed from Listen Again and the playlists. And if so, can we have them back. In the meantime Andrew's system is a way round the problem.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Beresford
      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by french frank View Post
      I've had a go - and it works to identify the timing of each piece to the nearest minute.

I had an email from R3 last week, and when the weekend is over I intend to reply and ask whether they are aware that the track markers and timings have been removed from Listen Again and the playlists. And if so, can we have them back.....
      And failing that, could we have approximate timings in the programme description? They exist on TTN, and must be known by the producer for every programme.

Comment

• antongould
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post
        I've written an experimental on-demand playlist generator, resident on my listings site. It provides a playlist with timings for recent programmes for use in conjunction with the iPlayer. (The BBC playlists no longer include timings.) For programmes in the previous week, the playlists are available via the 'playlists' tab on my R3 listings page.

The playlist generator is currently in the experimental stage. It's a bit basic and only accessible by password. If anybody would like to try it please PM me for the password.
        As unofficial tester, I find it a useful addition of joy and wonder .....

Comment

• french frank
          Administrator/Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Beresford View Post
          They exist on TTN, and must be known by the producer for every programme.
          But particularly on Listen Again since the programme is already over.

I've given up trying to argue with R3 that there should also be advance playlists for long programmes, so that people can decide at what point they want to listen (if at all, to be fair). Even Roger Wright saw the point of that, not that you'd know.
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
          X